March 19, 2024, 06:00:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone who used the 2.6 update?  (Read 4500 times)

OneLittleFonzie

Anyone who used the 2.6 update?
« on: November 25, 2011, 12:12:15 pm »
I installed the 2.6 update this week. Didn't do a lot of testing as I'm more focused on the ipad controller right now.
The new version seems to be a bit slow to me (OSX Lion). I will try to actually use it musically this weekend.

Ron

oldlibmike

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Anyone who used the 2.6 update?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:02:14 am »
It does bog down on my 2009 iMac a bit :( Also problems when recording knobs - I am finding that the recorded knobs play back on EVERY MM track, not just the one they were recorded on. Hoping for a patch!

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »
Using 2.6 on a PC with Sonar and I have no problems here. Arturia finally fixed a weird issue that was causing patches to save with different cabling than patched!

This might not be relevant to MAC, but perhaps you have Omni set on your MIDI channel routed to MMV... Try specifying MIDI channel 1. Maybe the plugin is more sensitive to incoming MIDI and it's causing it to slowdown needlessly.

oldlibmike

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:33:11 pm »
I think you are on to something but I don't recall this working that way in the past. I set the track and the MM to Midi 1 for first track and recorded with a "learned" cutoff knob.

I then created another MM track set to track 2 in both MM and Logic and this seems to work. I could swear it was different in 2.5 but I can live with this!

Thanks for your help!

Mike

UPDATE - This is still very weird though. I have the MiniMg as well and that lets me record knob twists on a track with both track and MiniMg set to "All" and the recorded knob turns do not effect other tracks - no idea why it acts differently than the MM in this respect.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:40:42 pm by oldlibmike »

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:43:00 pm »
No problem  :)

I've had a similar experience with other plugins and specified the MIDI channel to remedy the problem. As a habit, I usually just specify MIDi channels for plugins now, some plugins I have actually waste CPU resources when information comes in on multiple channels.

My DAW seems to run much more efficiently with specified channels.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines