March 29, 2024, 01:29:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Newbie Question: Can Mg Modular V create same sounds as MiniMg V?  (Read 3245 times)

drossi147

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have been messing about the past year or so with the Ableton Suite including Analog.  I wanted a more Mg experience and sound than I was getting so I demo'd both Arturia MiniMg and Mg Modular soft synths.  I ended up purchasing the Modular product, but I seem to have a problem.

I created a few patches I really like in MiniMg and I cannot seem to recreate them, or any triangle based sound, in Modular.  Are they that different?  I patched as basic a triangle as I could in both applications and also in Analog.  They all three sound very different!  What gives?

Am I not able to create the same MiniMg sound in Modular?

Thanks for your assistance.  I will probably be an active newbie in this forum.

Dave

Phil999

Re: Newbie Question: Can Mg Modular V create same sounds as MiniMg V?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 03:35:24 pm »
I only know the Modular, so I can't tell. It is possible that Arturia used a slightly different algorithm for VCO and VCF in the MiniMg so that there exists a reason to purchase it as well.

Theoretically both should be the same, in software as in hardware. But when you read discussions about the sound of different Mg systems (hardware), different MiniMg serial numbers, and the new Voyager, there seem to be - according to the users - huge differences. There are musicians that own several different Mg modular systems, at least one MiniMg, and a Voyager. It is their secret why they had to buy them all, and probably it is also for collection.

Personally I never had the wish to have the Arturia MiniMg, I think I can create any sound from it with the Modular. But I may be wrong . . .

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines