March 28, 2024, 02:55:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.3 firmware sneak preview  (Read 23576 times)

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: 1.3 firmware sneak preview
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 09:24:03 pm »
I noticed problems adding presets too favourites. Some times appears a white screen with message about invalid .cpp file ...

Philippe

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:41 am »
I noticed problems adding presets too favourites. Some times appears a white screen with message about invalid .cpp file ...

Can you read this message? It would be very useful for us.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 10:32:41 pm »
Newest problem with 1.3. :

I heard some small "crackles" with some of my presets and I think it was not there in 1.2.5.
(Do others here these for example when changing presets? I did have some of this in 1.2.5. too but I thought that it's kind of "normal behavior" which you have to accept. It's like many computer vst synths which make these "crackles" when you suddenly change preset etc.)

Anyway my lead was having them more and all the time when I played it (in 1.3.). This is not acceptable...

Then I tried to check again how it is in 1.2.5. but same thing happened again: I cannot downgrade it. The whole process stops at 97% and Origin Connection crashes in my Mac. Should I try to use older Origin Connection app. Does it help or what should I do?
 ???

Philippe

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 08:14:23 am »
I heard some small "crackles" with some of my presets and I think it was not there in 1.2.5. (Do others here these for example when changing presets? I did have some of this in 1.2.5. too but I thought that it's kind of "normal behavior" which you have to accept. It's like many computer vst synths which make these "crackles" when you suddenly change preset etc.)

Could you make an audio record of these crackles and send it to the support? I need also to know the presets involved.

Then I tried to check again how it is in 1.2.5. but same thing happened again: I cannot downgrade it. The whole process stops at 97% and Origin Connection crashes in my Mac.

There is apparently a bug in Origin Connection with the released version. I have not been able yet to reproduce this bug on my dev machines. Still working on that.

Should I try to use older Origin Connection app. Does it help or what should I do?

Re-upgrade to RC1_1.3.3 using the newest Origin Connection app.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:42 am »
I think now what's causing these crackles: It's TAE.

Somehow I just heard them more in 1.3. with my one own mono-Mg-lead preset, I don't know why.

Should it be this way: Increasing TAE will increase these small "crackles" which you hear especially when you play fast repetitions (one key down, other repeats)? Is this normal behavior?

I know I'm new with Origin, just learning some basics...

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 09:54:42 am »
... More tests:

I'm quite sure that this crackle-increase in 1.3. is real: I have to decrease TAE in some of my earlier presets.

P.S. Do you still want me to make some audio examples?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:06:12 am by JacksonP »

Philippe

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 10:45:31 am »
If you can isolate a preset where these crackles are strong it would be nice. If you have the problem with one of your own preset, please make a bank with it (using Origin Connection) and send it to me. That will be a good starting point.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »
jackson, i experienced some crackles in earlier OS, but not in 1.3.3.  I heard those crackles when the delay effects went on, just the first feedback, after it was ok. Do you use your origin as master or slave (midi clock)?

Philippe

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:31:56 pm »
A fixed version of Origin Connection can be downloaded here :

Description:   Origin Connection V-RC1_1.3.3
To download the file open the following link in a browser
http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=48060605127555608376771033366

No password needed.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 06:42:50 pm »
JacksonP:

(2) Sometimes there're strange transpositions (in semitones) without any known midi messages. (I think there was those also in 1.2.5 but with 1.3. I had them much more often) I don't really know if those messages come from my controller or from USB (computer) or are they just coming from Origin itself. I have no such problems with other equipment which I am using with same controller.

Have a look at the bottom of the Origin screen. Check if you can see occasional messages such as "OSCx - coarse tune 1 semit".
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
here is everything fine!! :)
tested TAE, delay, fast note switches, but no crackles at all! favourites are running here too, saving presets is working...
no new errors, bugs over here, except the annoying knob bug, while turning fast with the white knobs and the big knob.

ah... and while in filter mode of the presets (search mode, filtering for example a type: piano) and turning the big knob, it's working as expected and you can move from one preset to the next one, BUT pressing +/- buttons on the "numbers field", the filter will be resetted and you are stepping through ALL presets again and not through the filtered presets...
i don't know if it is as you wanted it, but i expected the same behaviour than turning the big knob.
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 10:26:21 pm »
JacksonP:

(2) Sometimes there're strange transpositions (in semitones) without any known midi messages. (I think there was those also in 1.2.5 but with 1.3. I had them much more often) I don't really know if those messages come from my controller or from USB (computer) or are they just coming from Origin itself. I have no such problems with other equipment which I am using with same controller.

Have a look at the bottom of the Origin screen. Check if you can see occasional messages such as "OSCx - coarse tune 1 semit".

I think that's the case exactly. I'm 97% sure that there's a message of "OSC 1 coarse tune ...". BTW I haven't found any MIDI CC which is controlling this feature.

(Although if I wait for it, nothing happens you know... ;) )

About those crackles: I do not hear them (that much) in poly presets or in some other mono leads.

But you can test this: choose MiniMg template and make single 1 osc saw lead with clear sound. And then play kind of fast repetition (one key down, repeat the other). Increase TAE from 0 to maximum... Do you hear it? I don't need much TAE to start to hear it...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:55:46 pm by JacksonP »

holografique

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 11:41:27 pm »
here is everything fine!! :)
tested TAE, delay, fast note switches, but no crackles at all! favourites are running here too, saving presets is working...
no new errors, bugs over here, except the annoying knob bug, while turning fast with the white knobs and the big knob.

ah... and while in filter mode of the presets (search mode, filtering for example a type: piano) and turning the big knob, it's working as expected and you can move from one preset to the next one, BUT pressing +/- buttons on the "numbers field", the filter will be resetted and you are stepping through ALL presets again and not through the filtered presets...
i don't know if it is as you wanted it, but i expected the same behaviour than turning the big knob.

pretty much the same results for me, everything appears to be working great with the exception of the "knob bug" and I can reproduce the filter behaviour as well.

Philippe

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 06:35:02 pm »
Hello All,

A new Origin firmware version (RC1_1.3.6) is available for download here:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=39124133931444844917467886024

no password needed

As usual, do not forget to first install the "Origin Connection" which is included in the package. Also it's always safer to backup your presets before the update.

Occasionally, you may get alert box from "Origin Connection" telling you some cryptic message such as "there has been a problem on U2034". This is very rare and means that the Origin and "Origin Connection" are no more in sync. Then you simply need to restart the update and everything should be OK.

This version fixes bugs - among others - that affected the stability of the machine. There is one known regression in this version which concerns the Duophonic aftertouch. This feature is now available for desktop and keyboard versions as well. It is also now a parameter saved in a Program preset and not a general setting as earlier. Unfortunately we found a regression bug which may in some situation gives the impression that the duophonic aftertouch works like the standard channel aftertouch. It was too late to fix it for this release. You'll have to wait for the next one, sorry.

We would appreciate if you can test the robustness of this version in the following areas:
- adding/removing modules and connections while playing and/or while Origin is receiving MIDI
- automation of parameters, connection attributes, sequencer pattern changes (using the 16 seq switches while in pattern mode)
- loading presets (SINGLE and MULTI), and loading a preset on a slot of a MULTI while Origin is receiving MIDI
- the J8 template
- MULTIs with several template instances in the slots
- and everything else  :)

Have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 06:55:03 pm »
Earlier in this thread, I identified three problems with my Origin and 1.3:

(1) "strange transposition problem"

Now I know what's causing it: osc freq knob is simply broken. It sends messages without touching it... (also it does not give 24 semitones as highest value). So forget that one

(2) "Program change problem" (did not change Mode for example)

Now it seems to work perfect in 1.3.6!!   :)

(3) "crackles problem" with mono mini Mg lead which is mostly TAE related:

still hearing crackles if I put TAE value 0,2 or more...

Anyway is 1.3 getting better (allthough I have problems with my unit)...!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines