April 19, 2024, 12:30:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 1.3 firmware sneak preview  (Read 23742 times)

Philippe

Re: 1.3 firmware sneak preview
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2010, 09:31:53 am »
I did fall asleep following the main 45min upload and the message
saying to reboot the origin had been displayed for several hours before
I rebooted for the finalisation process. Not sure if this was the problem

likely not.

Anyway could you please attach to your reply the logs of the update?

The logs are located at:

PC XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\"user_name"\Application Data\Origin Connection

PC Vista:
        C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Roaming\Origin Connection

Mac:
        /Users/"user_name"/Library/Origin Connection

Make a zip of the whole folder "Origin Connection" so that we are sure to get the relevant logs.

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 06:02:25 am »
Sorry, did try but unable to locate the above files in my disorganised system

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »
updating origin worked great for me!

BUT the "white knob/big knob turning" bug still exists!!! :(

now i have to test the rest...
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

holografique

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2010, 07:59:12 am »
updated to v1.3.11

* were any changes or modifications made to the JP-8 oscillator modules? all of my templates that use the JP-8 oscillators (my own custom JP-8 and JP-6 templates) sound distinctly different. I'm hearing what sounds like some major changes to the PWM phase of the square waveforms. I have a few patches where it's very obvious that something changed from the last version. I had a patch that I mimiced off my real JP-6 and it was spot on. It now sounds very different on the Origin when compared back to the same patch on the real JP-6. Even a few programs I made using the new Arturia JP-8 template sound different from 1.3.3/1.3.6

* I'm also finding that some module patching has changed in my custom JP-8/JP-6 programs. There is LFO modulation on pitch that was not present in the same programs when running 1.3.3 or 1.3.6.

* sounds like maybe some adjustments were made to the unison detune, it sounds much better now at high levels. still not as detuned as what I hear on my real JP-6 in unison mode, but I can't say for certain how detuned a real JP-8 was.

* cross-mod between JP-8 modules sounds suprisingly more realistic. I thought it sounded good before, but now, shit, it almost sounds like a System-100!

holografique

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2010, 08:00:21 am »
*another crash. was just trying to build a program from scratch to see if I could pinpoint what in the JP-8 oscillators changed and the system has become unresponsive with no sound and no response.

I will try to pinpoint the exact process to recreate.

holografique

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:57 am »
*another crash. was just trying to build a program from scratch to see if I could pinpoint what in the JP-8 oscillators changed and the system has become unresponsive with no sound and no response.

I will try to pinpoint the exact process to recreate.

can't seem to the exact steps. it's definitely something to do with removing connections from an oscillator to the output and/or mixer modules.

i'll try again tomorrow.

holografique

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2010, 08:28:45 am »
updated to v1.3.11

* were any changes or modifications made to the JP-8 oscillator modules? all of my templates that use the JP-8 oscillators (my own custom JP-8 and JP-6 templates) sound distinctly different. I'm hearing what sounds like some major changes to the PWM phase of the square waveforms. I have a few patches where it's very obvious that something changed from the last version. I had a patch that I mimiced off my real JP-6 and it was spot on. It now sounds very different on the Origin when compared back to the same patch on the real JP-6. Even a few programs I made using the new Arturia JP-8 template sound different from 1.3.3/1.3.6

* I'm also finding that some module patching has changed in my custom JP-8/JP-6 programs. There is LFO modulation on pitch that was not present in the same programs when running 1.3.3 or 1.3.6.

* sounds like maybe some adjustments were made to the unison detune, it sounds much better now at high levels. still not as detuned as what I hear on my real JP-6 in unison mode, but I can't say for certain how detuned a real JP-8 was.

* cross-mod between JP-8 modules sounds surprisingly more realistic. I thought it sounded good before, but now, shit, it almost sounds like a System-100!

I'm finding that most of this appears to be attributed to a change in TAE. Either the values are wrong from what I had them in my programs in 1.3.3/1.3.6 or TAE has been changed to be more prominent. I believe it's bad program values being interpreted. All of my JP-8/JP-6 templates and programs are showing TAE at 100%, and I NEVER use TAE at 100%. Usually anywhere between 15%-20%, at most 50%, but NEVER 100%, as things start to sound a little too out of control.

Is it ok to revert back to v1.3.6? If so, I will do this to verify that indeed TAE values in programs are not being interpreted properly from prior OS versions.

cheers, omar

Philippe

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2010, 09:30:01 am »
holografique,

Could you make a bank with some of your presets and send it to us so that we can check what have changed?

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2010, 10:34:15 am »
By the way, it should not be a problem to downgrade to the RC1_1.3.6, so if you want to try, it's possible. But never downgrade to versions beginning with "Beta_"... !

holografique

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »
holografique,

Could you make a bank with some of your presets and send it to us so that we can check what have changed?

Thanks

sure thing, will do when I return to the studio tonite.

-omar

holografique

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:43 pm »
By the way, it should not be a problem to downgrade to the RC1_1.3.6, so if you want to try, it's possible. But never downgrade to versions beginning with "Beta_"... !

perfect. i'll do that first before sending the presets for you guys to check.

Philippe

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2010, 06:54:33 pm »
Hello All,

A new Origin firmware version (RC1_1.3.15) is available for download here:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=05700259996331843871191828401

no password needed

As usual, do not forget to first install the "Origin Connection" which is included in the package.

Occasionally, you may get alert box from "Origin Connection" telling you some cryptic message such as "there has been a problem on U2034". This is very rare and means that the Origin and "Origin Connection" are no more in sync. Then you simply need to restart the update and everything should be OK.

This version fixes :
- the erratic encoders behavior : we may still have to tweak the acceleration which is applied when the encoder is rotated quickly. Anyway, the encoders won't and cannot behave correctly if you turn them very quickly.
- DSP crashes when adding or removing connections and/or modules
- the clicks that could be heard on some presets
- the crash that occured from time to time when "newing" a JP8 template.

Some users have reported unexpected sound changes on some presets. We're still investigating this.

Have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2010, 08:41:28 pm »
Congratulations Origin Team.
My Origin is working perfect now with beta 1.3.15

Finally encoders working really well now and no more sound clicks!!

--

In the other hand, i'm doing a comparison of Jupiter 8 template with the real Jupiter 8. I'm trying to recreate the factory presets of the real unit and i can say that some presets sounds close to real one but i cant get success results with others. You can see this with the preset "38 - Synth Brass".

I know it's impossible to improve this kind of things now but i encourage Origin Team to enhance it in future firmware releases.

holografique

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »

- the erratic encoders behavior : we may still have to tweak the acceleration which is applied when the encoder is rotated quickly. Anyway, the encoders won't and cannot behave correctly if you turn them very quickly.

interesting, why not just allow the option in system settings to enable / disable encoder acceleration? personally I don't want acceleration. I'm fine with a static speed value and if I have to turn the knob a few times to get from one end of the range to another, no problem. It certainly beats the risk of the knob not performing properly 100% of the time.

I'll see how well it behaves with this new update. Very encouraging especially after seeing one good report so far.

holografique

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:59 am »
holografique,

Thanks

just sent you a PM with the info and the presets.

thanks guys!

-omar

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines