April 28, 2015, 02:48:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audio artefacts  (Read 171 times)

Christopher Winkels

• Apprentice
Audio artefacts
« on: December 09, 2014, 02:11:39 am »
I purchased the VCollection 4 this week and I'm having issues with a couple of the instruments.

In the case of the 2600V the audio is fine for the first few minutes of use, then it begins either cutting out or there's a very high pitched whine (not unlike what one would expect with the resonance set to self-oscillation - except in this case the resonance is all the way down at zero).

I'm using the instrument as a standalone (no DAW) on a 2012 Macbook Pro.  The CPU usage meter has not gone much above 20%, it isn't accompanied by pops and clicks so I doubt it's a buffer issue, and it happens whether I use my Steinberg UR44 interface or the built in output on the computer.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this one?

childofsaturn

Re: Audio artefacts
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »
I'm having issues with popping and clicking (audio artifacts) also since I purchased The V Collection and I'm not sure why. Hopefully someone can help provide some insight. I have a Scarlett 2i2 interface and haven't had any issues with other music software.

stuart

• Spark Moderator
Re: Audio artefacts
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:08:09 am »
I think everyone is experiencing this in some kind of way. It's certainly buffer related.

The fact you are removing the audio I/O and playing through your default mac outputs and it gives you the same errors suggests it's software. So given that there's a lot of buffer related threads on here, i'll put my money on that.

Does it improve when you increase it?

@ childofsaturn

Remove your audio I/O from the chain and play through your normal machine outputs. Do you get the same errors?

Thanks, Stuart
Mac, Pro Tools
Spark CDM, Minibrute, Analog Laboratory 61, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines