March 28, 2024, 11:56:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: help me get Emerson Lake and Powell's "The Score" sound from the CS-80V??  (Read 5737 times)

gm1pp

The keyboard sounds Keith Emerson gets for the score off of Emerson Lake and Powell are plain bad-a$$....since he uses the Yamaha GX-1 the king brother to the CS-80V has anyone any idea how to get "the score" sounds out of the CS-80V?

it is said the same circuits were within....i'd appreciate any help
it seems to be a cross between pipe,hammond and brass...
live he uses just the one manual on the gx-1 so I am assuming it's possible and they weren't overdubs....

thanks

I am not talking about the intro part I am talking about those ascending chords after the intro...dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn...if that helps....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:44:13 pm by gm1pp »

stickman393

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
There's a "fanfare" patch in one of the presets that will get you pretty close. I've tweaked it somewhat (mostly to tighten the tuning) and I've used it for GX1 emulation.

An example: http://www.spacefold.com/colin/ps/temp/CS80v_as_GX1.mp3.

stoca01

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wow, super close !! Would you mind sharing your preset ? I tried to tweak the original one but was not able to get as close as yours.....
stoca

stickman393

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sure... I posted it in the User Presets section. I'd love to hear what you do with it.

Some cautionary notes:
I originally developed the patch in 1.6, and only recently upgraded to 2.6. I have been having some distortion problems in 2.6 that I haven't fully resolved. I'm not convinced its a problem with the patch, because it works great in the 1.6 version of CS80V.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines