April 19, 2024, 11:26:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Damper (CC64) response seem not to work  (Read 2795 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Damper (CC64) response seem not to work
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:08:49 pm »
I just got my Origin desktop and this is what I found out:

Sustain pedal (CC64) doesn't seem to work as it should. I tried to play Origin with my piano controller. Pressing sustain pedal down seems to work like Hold button but releasing it up doesn't give this response of releasing this Hold.

Problem is even more crucial because Origin still does it even though you put Receive Control Change OFF in Settings-->MIDI. And in LIVE --> MIDI you cannot change this CC 64 (it's gray and it says that "damper pedal => works like hold button")?!?!?

Do others have this problematic and is there any solution to this?
 ???

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: Damper (CC64) response seem not to work
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:12:35 pm »
Ok. Now I think know what's the main problem here: Origin cannot handle other CC 64 messages than 0 and 127. Nowadays we are quite often using continuos pedals with all the values between 0-127. Origin has get a change to handle with these values. Even if I liked I cannot change my Nord Piano to just send 0 and 127...

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:43:42 pm »
Origin responds to MIDI CC#64 according to the MIDI standard:
- value 0-63: Sustain OFF
- value 64-127: Sustain ON

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 05:18:39 pm »
Ok. Now I think know what's the main problem here: Origin cannot handle other CC 64 messages than 0 and 127. Nowadays we are quite often using continuos pedals with all the values between 0-127. Origin has get a change to handle with these values. Even if I liked I cannot change my Nord Piano to just send 0 and 127...

This is only valid if you have a piano sample with half damper samples. It makes no sense to implement it on synthesizer sounds. The Origin handles CC64 as it should.

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 12:27:51 am »
Yes. Now when I have gone deeper into this issue I can see that my Nord Piano is making little unusual CC#64 messages (it has a GREAT new velocity responsive pedal). Anyway still I can play for example Modartt's Pianoteq software piano with Nord without any trouble. Somehow Pianoteq can interprete these messages right way.

Thank god, I can take this pedal response off in Origins Zone menu. Otherwise it would be inpossible to use Origin with my Nord. (Sometimes I'd like take some pads / strings under my piano sound for example...)

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 06:31:20 pm »
Good to hear that it worked out for you!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines