March 19, 2024, 05:04:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Catch-22 of tech support  (Read 1907 times)

forestlawn

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Catch-22 of tech support
« on: September 18, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »
I already own the Mg Modular V2, ARP 2600V2, Analog Factory, and CS-80V2. All were registered here with Arturia.

Now I've bought The One, with the buy one, get one free deal. Trying to install it, I ran into an eLicenser issue (horrid thing, but that's another topic). I popped over to Arturia's website, tried to login, and was told that they didn't have my e-mail address in their system. They say that if you have trouble logging in, to contact tech support, except that to contact tech support you have to be logged in!

I reset up my account, using the same e-mail address and password. Not enough - to contact tech support you also have to have a product registered. I tried to put in my existing software, but was told that those serial numbers were already registered with Arturia. Well of course they are - under my old account that seems to be deleted! Once again, they say you should contact tech support - except that it won't let me register any products and a registered product is a requirement! If I hadn't had a brand-new, unregistered number here with The One, I wouldn't have been able to contact tech support at all. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to call this ridiculous.

Antoine

Re: The Catch-22 of tech support
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:21:16 am »
Hi,
Without any synth registered, you still can access the Tech Support by clicking on the "Authorization Troubleshooting" button, then the "Activation Support request" button.
I assume it might not be obvious.
I just processed your case, by the way.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines