March 28, 2024, 09:18:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: iPAD controller  (Read 2239 times)

rkanaga

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
iPAD controller
« on: September 12, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »
Sorry this applies to all Arturia products not just the Jupiter 8 but I wasn't sure where to post.

I have been playing around with my iPAD using an APP called Airdisplay which allows you to configure the iPAD as a wifi connected external display for your MAC. Fire this up and drag an open VST window such as the Jupiter 8 from your main mac screen onto it and presto you have a touch screen hi-res controller for your instrument which can be placed on top of your controller keyboard. It's awesome, the thing is the Airdisplay app is a bit slow, and it's hard to tap exactly on the sliders to edit sounds etc.  If Arturia developed a simple controller app to interface with their plug ins that could  run on an iPAD and be used to controll the host mac over wifi (or probably beter still bluetooth) this would be the most incredible advance to the useability of virtual synths! (note the iPAD would only have to run the controller display and send control signals over wifi to the host mac so the A4 processor could easily cope with this.)

How about it guys?

thanks

Robin
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:24:36 pm by rkanaga »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines