March 19, 2024, 09:52:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Just ordered one  (Read 9492 times)

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Just ordered one
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:13:02 pm »
I ordered one of theese. Thanks Arturia, my dream come true. :)

Please now continue the good job and acomplish the expected features (Total Integration, Templates, new modules and much more). ;)

Superwaldi

Re: Just ordered one
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:49:11 pm »
Congratulation...

... and my support for the expectations according Arturia's updates. ;-)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:15:17 pm »
congratulations,

rack or keyboard version ?

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:40 pm »
Rack version

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:37:36 am »
Congratulations!

I got mine just recently, and it's a joy to play. Fantastic sound. Really awesome. :)

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:51:10 pm »
uhh...i'm scared now  :-[

I have read in other forums people who have tested these negative things:
-some Aliasing in Oscilators
-very slow envelopes :o
-steeping in the knobs/parameters
-and bad sound in general camouflaged by fx?

I can't check this because not received, can you check this? If true i hope solved in the last OS version... :-\

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 01:18:33 pm »
Wait until you receive it, and then MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

Don't forget: the lovely internet is full of trolls and fanboys, who like nothing better than to trash products like the Origin, because their jealous, 16 years old or both.

Let your EARS be the judge of the Origin, and not what other people say. I can guarantee you that you won't be dissapointed in the Origin.

Relax Jeruro, it's a great machine! ;)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:39:31 pm »
I agree with kokocalamar!

The Origin has gotten quite a bit of meaningless bad rap on the net from 'experts' who know nothing about it. While no things are perfect in this world, the Origin is a good sounding synth with a deep feature set and a pleasing interface. There is nothing else like it. It certainly satisfies an old synth-head like me, who have little patience for bad/simple/dull/weak synths. I commend Arturia for taking the bold step of making this unique instrument - it takes serious skills and balls!

Congrats Jeruro, my guess is you'll like your Origin  :)

DJ
--

Superwaldi

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 07:06:15 am »
The Origin sounds great! Among the factory presets there are only a few, which are inspiring. But check the available soundbanks as well and you can buy some more from back in time records, which are nice.

But at the end you will see that the best patches are the ones, which were programmed by you.

Among the public critics I can only confirm that there is Aliasing. Still the FW has some minor bugs, which you won't get to know most probably.

As I bought mine Origin I compared it to the Virus and after some testimonials, Origin made it, because of it's outstanding sound, features and handling. Of course there are some things to improve and I hope Arturia will release FW updates more often.

But don't woryy about the sound. ;-)

Antimon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 11:03:30 pm »
I can add to the general positive air regarding the sound of the Origin. That, combined with the new style of the interface makes it a killer machine. :) There are some issues, but if you're after a great sound you won't be disappointed.

holografique

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 04:30:02 pm »
to answer your concerns:

-there is no stepping in the main parameters knobs. there is only stepping in the 8 live encoder knobs. if you need smoother response, then there is a "fine" button that allows you to send data in smaller increments.

-yes, you can hear a small bit of aliasing in the far upper pitch ranges. but it's not really that bad.

-at first I thought the envelopers were slow, mainly in the decay section. but there is an option for your envelopes to adjust the response time and curve of the attack, decay, and sustain. with this you can get more "analog" response that is usually much more faster.

-the overall sound is awesome. this comes from owning many of the classic analog synths over the 18+ years I've been programming and writing with synths. Today I still own a Jupiter-6 and a Mg Voyager and I can tell you the Origin modules sound every bit as good. The problem I see with the Origin is that a good majority of the presets really don't show off the raw sound of what the Origin can do. They are too trance/big dance hall oriented which are usually drowned out in FX. If you fire up a template dry and program it like a real vintage analog synth, it has the same balls as the real synths.

cheers

-omar

ASch

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 07:57:05 pm »
I've just ordered one too ;D  Just in time for the 1.4 update.  Hope it will arrive in the next couple of days.

synthguy99

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 04:35:24 am »
-the overall sound is awesome. this comes from owning many of the classic analog synths over the 18+ years I've been programming and writing with synths. Today I still own a Jupiter-6 and a Mg Voyager and I can tell you the Origin modules sound every bit as good. The problem I see with the Origin is that a good majority of the presets really don't show off the raw sound of what the Origin can do. They are too trance/big dance hall oriented which are usually drowned out in FX.

This is very true.  The patches which come installed are a funny mixed bag of very good, but mostly just okay, and unless you're into techno/EDM music, they probably won't please you.

I'm kind of a strange keyboard guy, but I like the fact that the Origin isn't loaded with awesome presets.  It encourages me to create my own patches and thus my own sound, like the keyboard players of old.

Along with the fact that you can load in hundreds of sounds available here and elsewhere, the thing to keep in mind with the Origin is that you have virtual parts of a half dozen vintage synthesizers which sound very close to the... dare I say it, Originals.  ;D  And each patch can be fiddled with to make them even better, or more like what you want.  Also, because everything in the Origin but the two Templates are in pieces, each patch is a unique instrument itself.  Because you can take an ARP OSC and a Jupiter OSC and send them into a Mg Filter for instance, you can create any number of hybrid vintage synthesizers.  Or make a MegaMg with four OSCs and two multimode Filters and VCAs, a custom Mg synth.  Or a Mg Modular 55.  Or a modular Roland like a System 700.  You can create instruments based in reality, or be your own synth designer, and this is what really excites me about the Origin.

Besides the fact that it also sounds freaking incredible and authentic.  ;D

Tell us what you think when it finally arrives.  And what you think of the new Oberheim Filter when the update is released.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

ASch

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
Not had chance yet to do much except take a listen to some of the presets and mess about with the sequencer a bit, but impression so far is excellent!  Having used some modular softsynths I love the physical interface on this box, great.  I think I'll be a long time learning this system  ;D

ASch

aye_carrrumba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:16 pm »
 ??? i would like to know if you can register it, or if registering stuff does not mean anything anymore. its been about a month now, 3 - ticket status = no responce. 2-private emails = no response. 1- private email to another tech  = no response.

so i still can't register 000257.

on the flip side, there is alot to this synth, and i don't have any complaints. it does so much with the joystick and sequencer, and is really cool to play around with, and i also have a Mg voyager-registered, and access virus-registered.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines