March 19, 2024, 11:06:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Poor Technical Support - Case 89865  (Read 25218 times)

micram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Poor Technical Support - Case 89865
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:41 am »
I've been very patient for over 5 weeks now and Technical Support seem to be very slow. Apart from receiving an apology from Denis for not responding quickly nothing else has been done.

Cannot connect to origin is all I get. Tried so many things it's frustrating. USB as MIDI in Cubase 5 works fine. Tried it on 2 PC's and a Laptop and no joy updating the Origin.
Current firmware is 1.0.7. Just will not update - after a while I get "Can't load preset infos".

I have zipped the log file for the Origin Connection sofware and sent it to them. No reply since a week.

Can anybody help?

Cord

Re: Poor Technical Support - Case 89865
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:59 am »
July/August is vacation time. Just be patient.

holografique

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:23:49 am »

wait a second....telling a customer to be patient for a company is not what you pay $2500+ for. We're not talking about some $200 piece of music gear here...

It's not the customer's responsibility to 'be patient". It's the manufacture's responsibility to provide the service they paid for with the product in a timely manner. It's also their responsibility to make sure they are properly staffed to deliver that service to a customer in a timely fashion.

I've been waiting over 2 months for new inventory to become available to replace my unit due to faulty components when I bought it new...so I'm not just defending this for nothing...

companies won't make the effort to improve service issues if you don't voice your concerns.

I love the products, but I will say the company has some work to do on their quality of service...

-o

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:41 am »
Hi Micram,

First I would like to apologize for the delay in solving your problem.

Your logs had actually been forwarded to an Origin Technician who left for a deserved week of holiday.

I should have followed this case...I didn't...sorry again.

I've just forwarded your logs to an engineer working on Origin. Hopefully we will come back to you before the end of this week.

Kind regards,

Denis
Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

micram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 11:08:31 am »
Ok Denis, thanks for letting me know. If somebody had told me that they were on holiday I would have at least known that something will be done at some point, but sending emails into a "void" and not getting any replies is a bit frustrating.
"holografique" is absolutely right with what he has stated.

Thanks,
Michael

micram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:40:01 pm »
The engineer sent me a file to update the Origin USB chip but unfortunately the USB connection on the Origin is no longer working! Talk about bad luck!
Were do I send it to get it repaired and how much will that cost to repair? I live in London (UK)

Thanks

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:22 pm »
Hi Micram,

Just to let you know that your last message to tech support has been forwarded to the same engineer.

Hope we will find a solution very soon.

Kind regards,

Denis

Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

Cord

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 02:08:51 am »

wait a second....telling a customer to be patient for a company is not what you pay $2500+ for. We're not talking about some $200 piece of music gear here...

And...we are not talking about some $80k+ Porsche here neither. So put it in respective!

Next time I would watch my mouth before posting your insults. I am not working for Arturia, just wanted to point out the obvious. After all, that was the reason for the delay.

holografique

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 11:46:09 pm »
And...we are not talking about some $80k+ Porsche here neither. So put it in respective!

Next time I would watch my mouth before posting your insults. I am not working for Arturia, just wanted to point out the obvious. After all, that was the reason for the delay.

lol...are you serious? so you're saying that I have to pay $80k on a product in order to get prompt technical support from a company? lol...you my friend are the one that needs to put things in perspective.

it doesn't matter whether that was the reason or not. a 5 week delay in getting a response for a high-end professional music instrument is UNACCEPTABLE. period. It is not the customers responsibility to bear the brunt of a companies inability to staff their team properly to ensure timely responses.

if you don't agree, then you simply have no sense of a very important aspect of running ANY company in todays market.....and that is called "Customer Service".

-o

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:53:48 pm by holografique »

Cord

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 12:40:32 pm »
lol...are you serious? so you're saying that I have to pay $80k on a product in order to get prompt technical support from a company? lol...you my friend are the one that needs to put things in perspective.

Common, how hypocritical somebody can be. You started the whole thing about the price of the unit and brought it into relation with the customer service. I only put you in perspective and now you practically criticize my comment that are only a parody of yours!

It is obvious that customer service should work different. I did not judge in this case at all and said Arturia has great customer service with letting you wait for 5 weeks. No, all what I said is that in Europe during the months of July and August most people are on vacation and that this might be the reason for the delay.

You should read the forum/threads instead of just jumping to conclusions!

holografique

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »
lol...good lord. I think i'll leave it at that. I'll leave to someone else to take this one over.

what's funny about this whole thing is the customer agrees with me.

cheerio!

-o

micram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 03:30:12 pm »
Yes holografique I do agree. It does not bode well for a company to treat customers like that as they will think twice about purchasing their products in the future.

Denis has told me that Mohamed will contact me about a UPS pickup for my unit but it's been a week and no call/email.

kokocalamar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 06:54:37 pm »
I'm guessing that the whole Arturia team are very busy right now with the imminent release of the Origin Keyboard.

Remember, it's a small company. In fact, if you're not scared of the french language, here's a very interesting interview with the guys at Arturia:

http://makingsound.free.fr/index.php/interviews/en-visite-chez-arturia/

And also: I am sure that in order to really promote the Origin Keyboard, they will work really hard with bug fixes and updates. Which we, as Origin Desktop owners, obviously will benefit from. :)

(But, I feel for Micram. Waiting for somebody to fix your problem must be very frustrating.)

micram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 02:02:16 pm »
I did not realise they were a small company and good on them for releasing a hardware synth. However, it does not excuse a lack of support! You expect a certain level from any company, no matter how big or small they are. I don't mind 3 or 4 days waiting but after that it starts to get silly.  ???

cl5160316

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • CL516 BLOG
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 07:28:45 pm »
...and so, a couple more days pass.  I'm very curious to hear when this will be resolved.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines