April 19, 2024, 07:23:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mixer gain control bug and skippping encoders  (Read 2506 times)

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Mixer gain control bug and skippping encoders
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »
Hi,

I have had my new Origin a few days now but I have noticed a bug and a problem relating to the encoders.

The bug is in the No 1 input one the second instance of a minimixer, the gain control is reversed so turning clock wise decreases the volume instead of increasing it like it should also it does not stop at the end points but continues to snap back to either start point or end point depending upon which way you are turning it.

The second probelm is with the encoders, in particular the main data encoder but also to a lesser extent on the assignable ones too. The problem is that when turning the data knob the virtual one will jump back several notches if you turn the encoder quickly and it can really quite out of sync if you turn it very quickly, if you turn slowly it's OK but it gets worse the faster you go.

The OS is the latest 1.2.5 and the serial number of the Origin is 000448.

Regards

Paul Shillito

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: Mixer gain control bug and skippping encoders
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:33:33 pm »

The second probelm is with the encoders, in particular the main data encoder but also to a lesser extent on the assignable ones too. The problem is that when turning the data knob the virtual one will jump back several notches if you turn the encoder quickly and it can really quite out of sync if you turn it very quickly, if you turn slowly it's OK but it gets worse the faster you go.

Paul Shillito

I have talked to arturia about this for a long time now. with the first version of the OS, everything was smooth regarding the big encoder, you could turn it quickly. Since 1.0.7 it is much slower, not smooth.  you could live with this regarding turning clockwise, but counter clockwise it's really annoying.

so i'm with you on this! ;)

holografique

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:43:30 am »
yup, noticed here as well on mine. running v1.2.5.....

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »
If anything this is getting worse, sometimes the encoder is so erractic as to be almost useless, does matter if it turned slow or fast it just has a mind of it's own. Now I find the control i want to change and quickly assign an encoder to change it but that doesn't work trying to scroll up or down the patch list where again you have to use the up down buttons because the encoder is so bad.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines