March 29, 2024, 05:53:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Display Readibility...  (Read 2110 times)

holografique

Display Readibility...
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:16:01 am »
So im thinking about getting an Origin. Love and use all the VST products today in Nuendo, but I like the idea of having a dedicated hardware box for them and the quick access to knobs/templates.

I tested one at a local store a month or so ago and my only biggest issue was the readability of the display. I found it literally almost impossible to see shapes and objects on the screen unless you were at a real sharp viewing angle that left you in an uncomfortable sitting position. It basically appeared as if the gamma was too high on an LCD monitor, washing out the colors and details.

I could not get a good contrast level that was pleasant and readable to the eyes. And I tried making adjustments to the display settings.

Is this common to most units? Is this a manufacturing issue with the quality of the displays? Or was this maybe a bad unit in the store?

thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Display Readibility...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 11:36:17 pm »
It's not the best display in the world... However, it should be possible to adjust it for acceptable readability. I adjusted mine so it can be viewed from directly above to around 45 degrees from below, which is a compromise I can live with.

Did you adjust the exposure and contrast trimmers on the left hand side of the unit, or only the brightness setting in the menu?

DJ
--
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:07:32 am by DrJustice »

holografique

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »
aha! I did not see those exposure and contrast knobs you're talking about. that's probably it. they were probably set way off and it was just making the screen look horribly washed out no matter how much I messed with the brightness.

ok, so i'll go back to the store this week and check it out again. pretty excited about getting this unit.

thanks for the reply dude!

-omar

Superwaldi

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 07:47:56 pm »
The exposure and contrast screws located under the wooden side parts can help to adjust the display. Don't expect too much. (Not sure if you can expect the dealer to unscrew the wooden parts for you)

I took origin out of the rack because the angel wasn't the best to see the values in the display. However, since I use the Origin as desktop, it is much better and I found a perfect view for me.

Soundwise the units covers all my wishes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines