Below is my Origin wishlist so far. I know some things may be a flight of fantasy, but some are quite relevant too. In particular getting the output assignments more fully implemented is something I consider important, and it ought to be not too hard to do. A few tweaks to the sequencer might be useful too. Of course the most important feature of all is "zero bugs"... If something is already in place without me having caught it, then that's jolly good
Anyway, here you have it:
* (Included in 1.3!
) Alternative edit mode where cursor moves between parameters while the encoder retains its last edit/move state. Could be selectable in the configuration.
* Ability to move modules around in the rack view, like in the patch view. It would also be nice if new modules were added in the highlighted slot.
* Selectable aux output pair for each of the four Out modules => main, 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. Enables quadraphonic and surround sounds, as well as more opportunities for external processing and mixing.
* Selectable outputs per part in the multi mixer - part, prog, 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 => "part" maps the part number to an output pair (like it is now), "prog" uses the program setting, and the rest is for free assignments.
* Sequencer autostart mode which does not start the sequencer when selecting a preset, but when pressing the start/stop button.
* Start stop button working for the sequencer in all parts in multi mode. Setting in each part for whether start/stop is global or individual for the part.
* Ability to set a different number of steps for each of the three sub sequences.
* Sequencer song mode. Just a simple list of sequence numbers and repeats.
* Sequencer MIDI output (skip this one if it proves tricky...).
* MIDI mode 4. Selectable in the program - mono, poly, mode4.
* Setting in multi mode to override the program mode - prog, mono, poly, mode4 => "prog" uses the program setting, the rest overrides the program setting.
* Ability to disable the joystick quickly, and why not a joystick mode where all three assignment becomes active. Could simply extend the assignment modes to 1, 2, 3, all, none.
* Joystick calibration.
* Program level modules:
- transfer function, e.g. with bezier and linear segments
- (Included in 1.3
) sample & hold
- phase distortion oscillator with selectable feedback functions
- envelope follower, with level out and trig out with adjustable threshold/hysteresis
- pitch detector
- CV quantizer (could be part of CV Modulator module)
- overdrive/distortion, compressor/limiter (Included as fx block in 1.3
* Selectable free-running or restart-on-trigger for oscillators
* Phase modulation input on oscillators and LFOs - maybe just on the new phase distortion oscillator (see above)...
* Use the "Demo" button for something useful. Selectable in the configuration as "Demo" or "<useful function>". Useful functions could be "tap tempo", "show song page" (see above), "select edit mode" (see above) or...
* (Updated for v 1.3
) A new manual - perhaps firmware 1.5 is a good opportunity for a manual update.