March 28, 2024, 01:34:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bugs in New Origin?  (Read 6385 times)

n1nj4

Bugs in New Origin?
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:38:22 pm »
I just purchased a brand new Origin on Friday. Two bugs(or possible defects?) I have noticed are:

1. Small clicks in some patches as well as clicks when switching patches.

2. When I move the joystick I am intermittently seeing the on-screen joystick jump around erratically.

The on-screen joystick is also not properly centered within the circle in the graphic, as it will move further outside the bottom portion of the on-screen circle than the top of the circle.

I have updated the Firmware to the latest release with no improvements. Should I return it to the dealer?  ???

n1nj4

Re: Bugs in New Origin?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:16:48 am »
....Okay, the clicking appears to only be present in multi-timbral mode. Is this a known bug? Any fix in sight?

Also, at random the first input gain LED on the left channel of my unit is lighting up and staying lit until I reboot.

Anyone experiencing any of this?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:17:36 am by n1nj4 »

Cord

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:49:42 pm »
Yep, I had the light in the input section coming on once too. However, it did not affect anything.

synthguy99

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:53:28 am »
My light comes on as well.  I've also noticed that the "feet" in the CS-80 osc are reversed when I change them in the edit window.

I also wonder why the output volume of the Origin is so low.  Do the outputs not like the levels most synths use?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:55:34 am by synthguy99 »
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

n1nj4

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:27:18 am »
I also wonder why the output volume of the Origin is so low.  Do the outputs not like the levels most synths use?

That's a bug introduced in the latest OS. Before I updated, the output on my Origin was really high.

BTW, it sure would be nice to hear from Arturia on these forums.  ???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:28:50 am by n1nj4 »

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:15:09 am »
BTW, it sure would be nice to hear from Arturia on these forums.

There are already numerous responses from Niccolo or Philwick. Just keep in mind that we have to keep the larger part of our time to develop the products, particularly Origin.
Origin Lead  Developer

n1nj4

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 05:28:57 pm »
BTW, it sure would be nice to hear from Arturia on these forums.

There are already numerous responses from Niccolo or Philwick. Just keep in mind that we have to keep the larger part of our time to develop the products, particularly Origin.

So that's it? No comment on the bugs I reported?  :-\

synthguy99

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:46:25 pm »
Don't angst too much.  They're working on a 1.2 update, due out I believe before the end of the month, and a 1.5 update with the new synth templates sometime in June.  You can be pretty sure that some bugs will be worked on along with them.  ;)
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »
Hi 1337 ninja,
bug n°1: You just noticed our worst bug!  :-[ Clicks happen when you reach the CPU limit on heavy patches (often in multi), so Origin is forced to "kill" some voices to be able to render new ones. At the moment, this "kill" produces a click. In future versions, we plan to correct this and eliminate the click. However, there will always be voice stealing at some moment. BTW: this problem is already profusely discussed in other threads in these forums.

bug n°2: the refresh rate of the joystick graphic in the GUI is slow... We can try to improve that but don't expect miracles!

bug n°3: on the 1.1 version some leds can light up randomly with time, however this does not affect sound or stability. This issue is fixed in the upcoming 1.2 version. This was also discussed in another thread.

n1nj4

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 05:40:43 am »
Hi 1337 ninja,
bug n°1: You just noticed our worst bug!  :-[ Clicks happen when you reach the CPU limit on heavy patches (often in multi), so Origin is forced to "kill" some voices to be able to render new ones. At the moment, this "kill" produces a click. In future versions, we plan to correct this and eliminate the click. However, there will always be voice stealing at some moment. BTW: this problem is already profusely discussed in other threads in these forums.

bug n°2: the refresh rate of the joystick graphic in the GUI is slow... We can try to improve that but don't expect miracles!

bug n°3: on the 1.1 version some leds can light up randomly with time, however this does not affect sound or stability. This issue is fixed in the upcoming 1.2 version. This was also discussed in another thread.

That's great to hear.

I love the Origin. I'm drooling over the upcoming CS-80 and ARP 2600 templates.

Cheers,

T
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:44:11 am by n1nj4 »

Cord

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:42 am »
Once we are on bugs, the MiniMg filter is always displayed as 2Pole LP. Not that I really care.

n1nj4

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 04:02:26 am »
2. When I move the joystick I am intermittently seeing the on-screen joystick jump around erratically.

I exchanged my Origin for a replacement through my dealer and this problem is completely gone. I can only assume my first unit had a defective joystick.

The moral? Trust your instincts. ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:59:52 am by n1nj4 »

n1nj4

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 05:01:50 am »
My replacement Origin has what sounds like an intermittent electrical short, or what sounds exactly like very loud hard drive seek noise(Oh, the irony) occurring within the case. And no, it's not the fan.

Update: The noise sounds like it's coming from the backlight.

My new unit also has strands of protective film stuck between the screen and the metal case. 

:'(

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:13:56 am by n1nj4 »

irokoikidble

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:32:28 am »
hello.
Origin users .
when I wrotte this forum I see that cpu is too short with somes multi ,
It's the same with me . And my issue is to cut all effects perhaps it's better for the sounds. because of somes bad crac.
but I hope in futur it's better and ok.
it's also a very good hardware solution with many many possibilities in many  domain.
salutations.

ps : excuze from bad english. I hope it's not too difficult to understand me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines