April 19, 2024, 03:30:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problems with midi CC  (Read 5044 times)

Cord

Problems with midi CC
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:04:04 am »
I tried this a couple of times and I give up. There are just too many obstacles to make midi cc work seamlessly. When I control for example the envelopes with midi cc the range gets screwed up and after a while I can only access part of the knob range, from the midi box as well as the Origin itself.

I was very hyped about this feature since I can put all envelopes and all other parameters directly onto my BCR-2000. But the control is useless after a couple of minutes turning these knobs.

Let me know if you cannot recreate this, I can recreate the problem anytime and give you more specifics.

Thanks

FlowerP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Problems with midi CC
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:57 pm »
Has this issue been fixed yet? Can someone from Arturia comment on MIDI CC control of Origin?

The expected behaviour would be that when a MIDI CC is mapped to a knob or button on a module, sending that CC should change the knob/button setting. Now (OS 1.3.23) the CC affects the assigned parameter, but without visual feedback and with a jump back to the original setting when an encoder (including the A knob) assigned to the same parameter is turned.

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
Let me know if you cannot recreate this, I can recreate the problem anytime and give you more specifics.

Oups, I missed this one....

Please, if you could send me a midi file containing your automations, and the preset you're using it would really help me. Can you do this?

Thanks
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:31:39 pm »
I have Midi CC problems too...
sending midi cc parameters of "cutoff" and "resonance" from Mac OsX.6.7 Cubase 6 to Origin (USB midi), isn't very stable... it ran 1,2,3 times (running through a song, while working on a track), then there s NO midi connection available to origin anymore. nothing works until "hardware reset"/restart of origin and resetting the midi connections.

This "Midi Crash" occurs only with Origin! all other midi hardware synth are working great, with sometimes MORE midi cc messages than i sent to Origin...

btw. i never had that with with logic and origin, but i switched to cubase because of a better sync to hardware sequencer.
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

Philippe

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:11 pm »
A midi file with all the messages sent to Origin would be really useful. Or even better, a trimmed cubase project. We could easily reproduce your problem and find the reason why it doesn't work.
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 11:50:53 am »
A midi file with all the messages sent to Origin would be really useful. Or even better, a trimmed cubase project. We could easily reproduce your problem and find the reason why it doesn't work.

PM is sent...

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:41:12 pm »
Any news concerning this issue??

i have still the problems...

Philippe

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44:50 pm »
AS I told you in a private email I tried to send the MIDI notes to Origin using your Cubase 6 project and I couldn't manage to make it work as long as I use the instrument named "Origin Seq". But if I copy the MIDI from this "Origin Seq" track to another MIDI track then everything is fine, even if I push the BPM to high values (I've tried with a BPM set to 300). I've also - as you suggested - add a new MIDI instrument using the MIDI device manager menu. I was able to use this "instrument" without problem as the destination of my midi tracks. So I would think that something is wrong when you use the "Origin Seq" Cubase instrument. 

Did you try to copy he MIDI from track1 to a new midi track just to check if you still have the problem?
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:08:19 am »
Hi!

I checked that! but then i have no latency compensation on this track :( and everytime i add or delete a plugin, i have to manually reset the delay time of the track - that's not very comfortable.

best,
marcus

Philippe

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 01:37:02 pm »
Hi!

I checked that! but then i have no latency compensation on this track :( and everytime i add or delete a plugin, i have to manually reset the delay time of the track - that's not very comfortable.

best,
marcus

I understand. I was not suggesting that as the solution for your problem but only a manipulation to check if the misbehaviour is strictly related to midi and Origin, or if it is something else.

So do you imply in your answer that Origin is behaving correctly if you don't use the Cubase instrument named "Origin Seq"?

If yes, then we have to look at the behaviour of the instrument itself. Not to say that Origin is not faulty, but I need to understand precisely what is happening when "Origin Seq" is in use.

When I look at the "Origin Seq" track attribute on the left column I can read in the connection popup something like "!!! Could not find Arturia Plugin !!!". Could you tell me more about that "Arturia Plugin". Where does it come from?

Thx
Origin Lead  Developer

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 01:44:13 pm »
Hi!

I had no origin "crash" since using "only" midi to origin sequences.

The Arturia plugin is a Cubase own "hardware to midi+audio" "bridge".
that means you can create your own internal/virtual "plugin", which combines midi and audio to one part. you can do this in the menu "hardware" (the topic left of the window menu), then "Midi Hardware"...

best,
marcus

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines