April 20, 2024, 07:20:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet VS: Joystick Cannot Be Controlled by Midid  (Read 2238 times)

rrooyyccee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Prophet VS: Joystick Cannot Be Controlled by Midid
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:25:44 pm »
Very frustrating problem remains. Previous post by another individual unanswered.

I am unable to assign midi controllers to the x/y joystick. Tried assigning 11 and 12, and then 9 and 11. The assignments after some finicky mousing were made, but then the joystick response is nonsensical.

Seems like an important technical problem. ::)

This was tested using Digital Performer 5, Prophet VS 2, 2009 Macbook Pro, Korg Kontrolpad.

I had a similar problem using Ableton Live 7, prophet vs 1, and Windows XP, so this seems like a cross platform issue. :-\

Have other people been able to assign midi controllers to the joystick?  Several online reviews stated that this was possible and was working. Either the reviewers were lazier than they should be, or this is a context specific problem. :-\

Any help would be appreciated! ???

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: Prophet VS: Joystick Cannot Be Controlled by Midid
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:55:27 pm »
     While I was unable to get the x-axis to work with Automap 3.4 and my Novation Remote Zero(only the y will map for some reason.  Has Arturia forgotten to add this parameter assign for DAWs?) I found both the x and y could be mapped with midi to 2 different knobs on my Radium61.  I did this within Pro Tools.  You have to use midi though which means the track has to be record enabled.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines