April 20, 2024, 03:48:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some Jupiter-8V2 bugs  (Read 3259 times)

reddog

Some Jupiter-8V2 bugs
« on: February 20, 2010, 04:02:31 am »
I've just downloaded Jupiter-8V2 a couple of hours ago and have played around a little with it, but I've already discovered some bugs.

1. It doesn't respond to any of my MIDI controllers in standalone mode (yes, I've selected my controllers in the MIDI preferences.) It does however respond when using it within a host.

2. Once I assigned my MIDI control numbers to it's knobs and sliders and quit the program, upon reopening 8V2 (either as a standalone or within a host) the MIDI controller dialogue box says that no controller has been assigned, even though all the MIDI assignments still function (within the host application, of course - standalone doesn't respond.)

One other question:  where does Jupiter-8V2's preferences reside these days?

I like to keep a backup of the preferences because sometimes my MIDI assignments have disappeared from Jupiter-8V in the past and I don't want to have go through the work of reassigning them again.  I like to be able to replace the preferences with my backup. 

However, I couldn't find 8V2's preferences where they would normally reside (in Library/Preferences on my Mac).

Peculiar.

ziro

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
    • plukk
Re: Some Jupiter-8V2 bugs
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:19:29 pm »
Same problem here :(
I copied V1 midi.prefs to V2 folder.
It works.

HDD/Library/Preferences/Jupiter-8V
HDD/Library/App Support/Arturia/Jupiter-8V2
OS 10.6.X
Mac Pro
Live 8

reddog

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:34 am »
Thanks very much Ziro.

That solves one problem. I never thought of looking for preferences in the Application Support folder.  Funny though, the Prophet V2 prefs are in the Preferences folder alongside the Prophet V prefs, I wonder why Arturia changed the normal procedure for the Jupiter update.

MIke_M

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:30:08 pm »
I found that in standalone, you have to reselect the MIDI settings everytime you open it, even if they are checked. Recheck them and it works again.  huh

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines