March 28, 2024, 09:07:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Online registration gone horribly wrong?  (Read 4153 times)

vulpes@tiscali.it

Online registration gone horribly wrong?
« on: February 10, 2010, 09:48:00 am »
Greetings,

I'm the proud owner of the Ten Years Suite; while pretty much everything worked out of the box, as expected, the registration process did not go as smoothly:

At first I got a PHP error after I filled in my personal information to sign up to the Arturia community; since I did not get a confirmation email, I tried creating the account a second time, but I got back a message  stating the email address was already in use.

"Fine", I thought, "so the user account has been created after all". And indeed I am able to log on with my email address and the password I chose.

Unfortunately there still seems to be something quite broken with the "My account" page and, what's worse, with the actual product registration, namely:

1) "My profile" is empty, I can try and modify my personal details entering them from scratch the same way I did when I signed up, but when I submit the changes nothing happens, that is, my personal details stay blank. Oddly enough the information for the "More about me" part _did_ apparently get saved succesfully...with the exception of my birthdate which also shows up blank.

2) Scrolling at the bottom of the page I see a registered instance of MiniMg V listed: I did not add that, the serial number does not even match any on the registration card I got with the Suite, and I can't remove it.

3) I have been tried to proceed with the registration since yesterday evening, whenever I enter a new product to add (started with Mg Modular V2) it shows the serial number, the product name, the email address, however, is blank. I _did_ get the message with the activation code but, right above that, it said it was unable to send the confirmation email, so I had to save the registration information to a textfile instead.

4) Even if so far I have (apparently) been able to register Mg Modular V2, still nothing shows up in the list of "My Registered Products" besides the weird unremovable instance of MiniMg V as detailed above. In all honesty I'm not confident enough to go on with the remaining registrations until I am sure everything's okay with my personal account.

Screenshot of the glitched "My account" page:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3025/regform.gif

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marco

Antoine

Re: Online registration gone horribly wrong?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:27:11 pm »
Marco,
We have had a major issue on one of our servers, so probably the service is not restored yet.
But did you try with another web browser (Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc.)?
Let us know!
ex-Arturian

vulpes@tiscali.it

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:30:11 pm »
Marco,
We have had a major issue on one of our servers, so probably the service is not restored yet.
But did you try with another web browser (Safari, Firefox, Opera, etc.)?
Let us know!

Hi Antoine, thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately I read about yesterday's outage on the forum, after I had already tried to sign up.  :-\

My current browsers are Firefox 3.5.x (WinXP) and Safari 4.x (OS X 10.5); more precisely, I used Safari to sign up and try to register the products, then, later in the evening I switched to my home PC (same one I'm typing from right now) but the issues described in my post above were the very same: no visible personal details, unexpected entry in the list of registered products which cannot be removed, blank email address when I tried to register one of the instruments in the Suite (and, as a probable consequence of this, the inability to receive the activation codes by email).

Anyways, the registration for Mg Modular V2 seems to have gone through properly, or so I hope, the only item in the list is once again the 'ghost' instance of MiniMg V I did not register myself, but when I press the Delete button I can see the correct product and serial number.

Guess there's not much I can do until you guys are able to get everything back up and running, is there?

Regards,

Marco.

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:42:46 pm »
Marco,
Once our webmaster has dug up from the servers restoration hell, he (or one of his goblins, possibly even me) should get back to you directly.
Just to let you know we won't let you in the mud.  :)
ex-Arturian

stemast

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:55 am »
The exact same thing happened to me too.
I'm an Analog Factory Expirience owner and I cannot register it.

Christian

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 08:23:57 pm »
I have the identical problem. Weird MiniMg registered. Can't put in personal details. Email of registration was never sent to my mail account. I did get a reply from Antoine but it didn't solve the problem and I am still waiting for an emailed confirmation and the ability to updae my details.

krasnogorsk

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:52:26 pm »
me too!

i am trying to access to my account to register my recently new purchased Analog factory, but all i get its an ugly PHP error.

please, fix it, now i can not use Analog factory anymore because i need to register the copy, and my logic crash if not

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines