March 28, 2024, 11:28:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: heres the prob so far..Update  (Read 2428 times)

MindPoP_

heres the prob so far..Update
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:00:05 am »
So I just updated and I like how I can see the graphics now, and the midi out is cool but you didnt do every knob or an equal amount of knobs. The release button doesnt work while the asd do.the top 3 white knobs on the left work but the right side doesnt. so on.. So I am pretty happy but wonder why this is..??

Philippe

Re: heres the prob so far..Update
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »
As I said in a previous post the automation messages are MIDI CCs which means that "only" 128 parameters can be automated for a given program. It's even a little bit less knowing that some CCs are used as high resolution (14 bits) double CCs, and some others are reserved.

An other point to keep in mind is that the mapping of CCs to parameters is saved in a new kind of preset called the "MIDI mappings" which are editable in the Live/MIDI page and that you can link to your presets. 2 presets are available: a 1st one which is the default for Origin presets, a 2nd for MiniMg template presets. You can assign the parameters of your choice there and save your own midi mappings.

The action of the dedicated knobs (Osc, Filter, Lfo and Env sections) depends on the value of the "select" encoders (that you can monitor on the Live/Live page). For instance if there's no CCs assigned for Filter2, and that the "select" target the Filter2 you won't get any CC send to your host when you turn a Filter knob.

The case of "screen" white encoders is a little bit more tricky. The rationale behind the automation with CC is to attach a CC to a parameter, not to a knob. White encoders are assigned to parameters by each sound presets. So you have to be sure that the "white encoder" parameters are assigned to a CC.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines