April 24, 2024, 04:04:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Verion1.1.54 installed  (Read 9592 times)

dirk.stalmans@skynet.be

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Verion1.1.54 installed
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:11:53 pm »
Good news, version 1.1 is available, at last.
It looks ok , but  i'll start tonight with some MIDI tests.
Keep the forum posted.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:15:03 pm by dirk.stalmans@skynet.be »

Raoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Verion1.1.54 installed
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 07:23:22 pm »
Hi Dirk,

I will not make you unhappy, but today I did also install the V 1.1.54 on my Origin and the device still sucks !

After rebooting there is NO sound at all, but a reset will solve this problem.
And while sending midi information from a basic keyboard after a random short period the device freezes.

There are nice new features without doubt, but the basic functionality is still not ok.
Please let me know what is your experience...

Philippe

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:01:00 pm »
After rebooting there is NO sound at all, but a reset will solve this problem.
And while sending midi information from a basic keyboard after a random short period the device freezes.

See my answer at:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=3288.msg11441#msg11441
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:33:00 pm »
For me 1.1 is very stable.

Superwaldi

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:50 pm »
FW 1.1.54 runs stable here since 4 days (and nights). During USB-Connection there is the midi dot blinking, which certainly belongs to another page, but I don't think this will hurt.

I'm happy here with the new features.

The reverb should get an update soon...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:09:54 am by Superwaldi »

Superwaldi

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:22:13 am »
1.1.59 crashed in Multi Area 51

Support fixed it, but can not promise a bugfix in next FW-Updates. That helps a lot. ::)

It is really a pitty. The 2-3 persons caring about our issues are overloaded and are blocked by the companies policy.

Every potential buyer, should consider, if he would be happy with the origin as it is. The policy and customer care is weak at Arturias side.

There are some more minor bugs:

- volumen is zero while turning on. you are forced to move the main volumen knob, whatever it is the position while turning on.

- input indicator lights are lit sometimes - even if there is no cable at the input.

Don't get me wrong: The Origin is a powerful synth and sounds amazing, but it is not understandable, why all these minor bugs are still there - after long time of development and almost 2 years of market presence.

ARTURIA CARE ABOUT US !!!

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 08:32:25 am »
Support fixed it, but can not promise a bugfix in next FW-Updates.

That's not exactly what the "support" said. It said that the next milestone is the firmware for the Keyboard version of Origin. What is not sure at this point is if a new version for the desktop will be released at the same time than the keyboard version, or later. That said, the crash with multi 1080 is fixed today, this fix will be included into any new firmware version. The keyboard for sure, and the desktop at the same time or later.
Origin Lead  Developer

Superwaldi

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 11:37:31 am »
even more exactly the "support" said, it depends on the big boss' decision, when I get the advantage of your work. As I said I don't want to blaim anybody personally here.

It seems the support capacities are limited at Arturia. But please have a look at my side.

I spent € 2.400,- for the unit. It sounds great and generally I am happy with it, but there are so many minor issues with this unit, what should be fixed in the meantime.

Telling me, that my issue will be fixed didn't help me at all. This bug blocked me to finish a soundtrack. I spent a lot of time testing what is wrong and to find a workaround.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 01:18:32 pm »
Releasing a new software version is never easy and should not be done in a hurry. No matter if it is a firmware for a hardware or just a new version for a software instrument.

For every bug fixed, a company has to run tests and has to make sure, that the fix has not caused another bug instead. This needs time.

This said, it should be obvious, that you cannot release a new firmware for every single bug that has been fixed. Philippe has confirmed, that they know about the bug, and that they have a cure for it. As soon as there will be a new firmware, the bug will be fixed.

This is fine with me and it is normal procedure in every company I know, no matter how expensive a product is, no matter if it is hardware or software.

Just my 0,02 Euro

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Superwaldi

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 01:42:50 pm »
You are right in some points certainly.

But how comes I can see early adapters claiming about the "0 volume issue after turning origin on" and I am facing exactly the same problem one year later here.

Arturia should really have a look at Fractal Audio's Service. This is a very small company - maybe comparable to Arturia and they can handle all these things: activity in the forum, software development, every few weeks there is a new firmware release, which enhance the features. Claimed bugs are fixed immediately and you can count on it, that you will get rid off it within 2 weeks. They give me a feeling they really care about their users. I expected something like this from Arturia as well. And here I see a lag of organisation. Developers are multitasking in the forum, developing software and creating hardware. Promised features are up in the air since a long time and human ressources are allocated to new projects like the origin keyboard.

This is my impression here.

I really appreciate the way Phillipe investigated about my problem. It was quick and I had the feeling he really takes care. It is fine he could fix the issue, but does it help me? Not now. Somewhere in the future (I beg beginning of April) there will come a new firmware. For sure my sountrack job is finished until then.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 02:02:43 pm »
Well, it has been stated several times (here and at sequencer.de for example) why the 1.1.x took so long. This was due to the fact that big parts of the OS had to be re-written.

1.1.59 came pretty shortly after 1.1.54, which makes me confidend, that smaller bug fix releases will not take as long as the 1.1.x did.

The audio bug (turn Master level to hear the sound) was not present in 1.07 (at least not in my Origin) and was introduced in the 1.1.x release. It is not a show stopper bug, so if I were in command, this fix would not be on top of my to-do-list.   ;)

Cheers

Frank
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Superwaldi

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »
Mine was shipped with 1.0.7 and the 0 volume issue was there.

Superwaldi

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 09:40:47 pm »
@ Frank:

I asked your team officially about an German manual. Never received an answer about that.

But I have to admit that another issue was solved very quick and very professional with big efforts from your team.

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 09:45:42 am »
Hi,

I will ask the team to check the support mails and see if we missed this one. I am sure you will get an answer soon.
By the way, we are trying to cover common problems in our FAQ on the origin.arturia.de website and to help with individual problems through mail and phone. If you should have any suggestions, how we can further improve our german support, please feel free to send your thoughts to us by mail.

Cheers

Frank
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Philippe

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:47 am »
Mine was shipped with 1.0.7 and the 0 volume issue was there.

That's the first time I hear about that bug concerning the 1.0.7.

1.1.59 crashed in Multi Area 51. Support fixed it, but can not promise a bugfix in next FW-Updates. That helps a lot.

The current plan are now to deliver both 1.2D (desktop firmware) and 1.2K (keyboard firmware) at the same time, or with a very short delay between them. The 1.2K will be the first public release for the Keyboard, it corresponds to the milestone I mentioned in a previous post.
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines