April 19, 2024, 12:21:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BRASS v 2 in DP 7.02  (Read 3258 times)

Trevor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BRASS v 2 in DP 7.02
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:54:04 am »
A further few minutes with BRASS 2 in a DP sequence reveals:

Always crashes DP when trying to  open an instance of Brass 2 (mono) plug in.
Stereo plug in opens OK.
Crashes when alterations made to controllers on left side of interface. I'm presuming left wheel is pitch, right wheel is modulation. Is this correct?

Sounds seem much improved.

Still not clear how multi-channel operation works, although this may be just the sparse DP documentation. For instance:
I want to sequence a brass section of sax, trumpet and trombone, each instrument on its own separate DP track and its own MIDI channel (eg, Brass 2-1-1; Brass 2-1-2; Brass 2-1-3). How do I set up separate MIDI receive channels for each instrument within one instantiation of BRASS? The MIDI receive box seems to be stuck on channel 1. Or am I missing something? Does it have to be done via a 'kit'/harmonisation setup? This is really overcomplicated.

Have we lost the alternative gliss modes for trombone via key-switching (ie, lip vs slide)? I never use the trombone instrument without this. Is there another way of accessing it?

Glad to see new version finally.

This Posted on both forums.

Trevor
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:02:14 am by Trevor »

Trevor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: BRASS v 2 in DP 7.02
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:48:54 pm »
Seem to be writing to myself...

In any case, having found and printed up the manual I think that some of my questions are dealt with there.
So, my apologies for a premature posting.

Still looking for a way of choosing a trombone gliss being either a smooth gliss with the slide or a 'stepped' gliss through the harmonics, emulating the embouchure tightening. In v1 this was a key switch, but I find no reference so far  to this significant choice in the new manual. 

All in all the new version seems to deal with most of the problems in v.1 for me. Still haven't put it through it's paces in a sequence, but it looks promising.

DevinThomas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »
Hi Trevor,

I too am having trouble assigning Brass 2 to separate MIDI channels in DP. Did you ever figure it out? I can't seem to change the MIDI channel to anything other than "1". Shouldn't I be able to have each instrument on its own MIDI channel?

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Thanks!

Devin Thomas

Trevor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:55:17 pm »
Hi Devin,
Did you get this MIDI channel thing sorted out? It is, as I said in my earlier post, more complicated than any of my other VI's, but fine once you know how.

I just ignore the Channel 1 box on the right of the main page - at this point I don't know what that refers to or how to change it ( it looks as if they just left it by mistake from v.1!

You have to go into the 'kit' drop down menu on the left side, and choose the number and types of instrument you want. Then into 'harmonization' drop down and choose 'multi'. Then in the central harmonization window you can assign separate midi channels to each of your selected instruments. If each brass part is on a separate track in DP, each of the instruments in BRASS will play their own midi channel as expected.

Just re-read this post. Clear as mud...

Worked for me anyway. There may be a simpler way (I hope so but I haven't found it).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines