March 28, 2024, 09:37:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No MIDI controller in AF2.2 on Mac Snow Leopard  (Read 4755 times)

yngwie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No MIDI controller in AF2.2 on Mac Snow Leopard
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:46 am »
After struggling just to get the elicense software working, I finally have Analaog Factory installed on Mac OS X Snow Leopard; however, I can only use my mouse with the software. The keyboard is plugged directly into my iMac via USB, and it is switched on, but nothing is happening. There is no MIDI light flashing on the software. Also, I can't use the keyboard in Garageband either. This is very frustrating. I had to drive a long time to buy this thing. The manual leads me to believe there was no other step required getting the keyboard to work.

danni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: No MIDI controller in AF2.2 on Mac Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:13:14 pm »
hi there,
i had several probs with my af keyboard although i still think for the money its a great keyboard. sometimes when i launch af i have to either/and or quit af and switch keyboard on and off just to get the keyboard to sync with af.
 i am surprised to read that it doesn't even work in garageband, have you tried looking in the audio midi setup (found in applications in the utilities folder) and adding or scanning for the device. failing all that i would try a firmware reset by turning the unit off and then on whilst holding down the octave/preset buttons until all off the leds have finished flashing.
.....after that mate if that don't work then take it back!!
good luck, hope it works soon.
danni

yngwie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:07:20 pm »
Hi. Thanks. I did use MIDI Audio Setup to poll the keyboard. The test function on the app was successful, and I am able to use the keyboard in GarageBand. BUT, the keyboard still doesn't work in AF2.2!  :'(

yngwie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:10:57 pm »
Update. AF2.2 and keyboard does work in Snow Leopard. I managed to get it working with Danni's help -- thanks mate! In AF, I had to select the Analog Factory Experience from the menu in order to get the software to sync with the controller. I have to do this everytime, and AF doesn't seem to remember the controller in between sessions, but it's a trivial inconvenience.

danni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 09:46:32 am »
 ;D hey glad you got it working,
seems strange that af doesn't remember the keyboard but then af has some ideas of its own when its comes to being software!! ;)
sounds silly but try starting af THEN switch the keyboard on, and maybe the other way round.
danni

lionelg84

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 11:56:27 pm »
To someone who has 10.6 Snow Leo:

I am planning on buying the Analog Factory Experience and I am running OS X.6 on a new MBP

- Does the midi controller work with the internal sound card (coreaudio)?
- If you have to use an external i/o box (audio interface) which one is working for you?
- Is the midi controller working with other apps like a DAW or other VST intruments...garageband?

my Oxygen8 v1 is pretty much dead now that I have this new Macbook Pro running snow leopard....it doesn't work via USB....and maudio will probably never release a NEW driver for that particular unit on SnowLeopard.

sooooo.....i wana make sure im not wasting my money buying the Analog Factory Experience hybrid synth.....I'm expecting to work with the software it comes with AND work with my other DAW's and VST's.

Thanks for any feedback regarding 10.6 SnowLeopard, AF2, and i/o interfaces (preferably firewire ones).

Cheers!

- Lionel

lionelg84

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:39:32 pm »
Anyone?

I wrote Arturia....they have yet to answer.

If there are questions, I can clarify my previous post....I just want to be sure about a few things.

Best,
Lionel
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:53:05 pm by lionelg84 »

danni

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 05:02:20 pm »
hello,
 i currently use osx 10.5.8 and i am very wary about upgrading to snow leopard just going on some of the comments i have seen on this and other forums. the catch is that it seems that arturia's vsts are suffering a little, statements from propellerhead regarding reason, record and recycle point to an almost fault free situation within osx 10.6, i use reason and logic 8 alot more than arturia but i don't want to upset the apple cart(no pun intended!) by installing osx 10.6. check out the free speech part of the forums and the knowledge base it may hold some answers.
i may go ahead and just do it...but....then again... :P!!

Antoine

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 10:29:36 am »
- Does the midi controller work with the internal sound card (coreaudio)?
Yep of course; moreover it should run with any sound card recognized by your operating system.

- If you have to use an external i/o box (audio interface) which one is working for you?
See above. For specific models, I let users reply.

- Is the midi controller working with other apps like a DAW or other VST intruments...garageband?
Yep, it is standard MIDI; but don't forget it has been designed to specifically match the Analog Factory interface, therefore some functions may be uncomfortable or even lack.

Best regards,
Antoine.
ex-Arturian

lionelg84

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:45:41 pm »
Anyone who is on Mac OS X.6 (10.6) Snow Leopard?

Actually I think I'm good...thanks for all for your thoughts.

Corrado

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:35:51 pm »
Help request to YNGWIE: 
I read that you have "after struggling" get the elicenser software working under snow leopard.
Can you give me the correct procedure you used as I'm still stuck with my AF elicenser installation.
thank you very much

abod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 01:52:21 pm »
I had problems with the AFE controller after installing AF 2.2 on my iMac (with leopard).
The cutoff knob, keyparameter knobs, and the envelope sliders did not respond at all in Live 6.

But after doing the firmware reset, suggested by Danni, it now works like a dream !
AF responds to all knobs and I can save and load my Live 6 songs and it remembers all the settings and parameter tweaks for AFE.
Many thanks to Danni !

Regards Owe

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines