March 28, 2024, 12:05:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS-80V2 PC Installation  (Read 2736 times)

keithirving

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CS-80V2 PC Installation
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:28:26 am »
Hi, I am running an AMD dual core XP SP3 PC with 2gb RAM. After seeing the front-page ad about the new CS-80V2 I logged on to my account and found that an update was available to me. The resulting email sent to me from Arturia included '_Setup.exe' in the download link which could not be located. Changing the 'S' to 's' worked. I set the installation for 'Stand Alone' and 'VST'. After several tricky attempts with the new Synchrosoft application, I managed to get one of me existing Arturia USB dongles to accept the new activation code. Installed with the original CD-Rom in the drive and again without it. Clicking the desktop icon ends up with an error that the .dll cannot be found, install again. In REAPER, I had to rescan the VST directory before the new update would show up. It seems to work in REAPER but not as stand alone, and installing with or without the original CD-Rom seems to make no difference.
Perhaps Arturia need to make sure that the installation files and associated procedures are absolutely 'spot-on', easy and fool-proof, before making updates available.
Regards,
Keith

keithirving

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CS-80V2 PC Installation
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:56:14 pm »
Also, curiously, after installing about 7 times, I found that having my anti-virus on or off made no difference, and there was no need to uninstall the previous version of the CS-80V as that still works in my host and in stand alone mode.
It can only be my belief that this upgrade is not yet fit for public use.
Regards,
Keith

Dooley

Re: CS-80V2 PC Installation
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:06:35 am »
Works a treat for me. I also have an AMD Dual core with XP SP3 with 2Gig RAM. I downloaded it from the updates page in the downloads section.

I did update my synchrosoft software to v 6.0.2.nnn before trying to download the new license. And yes V2 is separate from V1.6. I like that personally. Should something go wonky with V2 or my USB dongle, I'll still have v1.6 to play with.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines