March 29, 2024, 11:31:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Assigning preset sound banks to midi controller  (Read 2336 times)

abe

Assigning preset sound banks to midi controller
« on: September 24, 2009, 05:43:58 pm »
Hey,
   So I am new to these VSTs and was wondering if I could do the following:  I would like to assign up to 8-12 different pads on my MPK49 to trigger different programs within the VST.  So, if I hit pad #1, it would bring up a particular patch in the instrument (i.e., a bright pad sound)l if I hit pad #2 it would bring up a lead (still within the same instrument).  I am currently running my VSTs through Ableton 8.  I have 7 different Arturia synths armed on separate tracks (with different midi channels assigned to each).  I can navigate back and forth between the instruments but how do I navigate within?  As of now, it seems I can only change patches by using the mouse and scrolling through them on the computer.  I want to be efficient in my live set up (improv jam stuff so I'd like to trigger a patch change by a simple press of a button).  Anything will help.

Thanks!
Abe

pedrosura

Re: Assigning preset sound banks to midi controller
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »
Hi. My solution is to use Forte from www.brainspawn.com. You can have up to 32 vsts to play live
and the program has a lot of features to play live. For instance you could have all instruments opened and control their values with faders or on different midi channels and control the sounds by selecting channels.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines