April 19, 2024, 02:32:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: possible buyer  (Read 2883 times)

iskandar

possible buyer
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:35:16 am »
I looking to get back into hardware and im wanting a synth with a step sequencer and a synth which can produce rich lush pads, deep thick basses,leads. so i have been going through the monomachine and spectralis.both of these have very unique sounds but their displays seem to be the most common complaint, rather small and lots of button pushing for sub menus.

Im just wondering if origin will eventually have Vst integration.my eyesight is not the best.

Also the audio demos on the website are they a true representation? i find them underwhelming considering all the hype this synth has , are there any other sites which have other examples.

Cheers

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: possible buyer
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:24 am »
The Origin's display is way bigger and has a better resolution than the other syhtns you are mentionning. And it's a color screen.
Also the Origin has a lot of dedicated knobs for Oscicllators, Filters, LFOs, Envelopes, Sequencer, plus user assignable knobs and joystick.
As far as the VST integration, I can't really give any details at this time. The Origin is equiped with a USB2 port and comes with a Mac/PC software called Origin Connection, which currently only manages user program banks , user sequences and firmware updates. More features to come...

The Origin delivers "rich lush pads, deep thick basses,leads".
The MP3 demos don't really do it justice.
Please note that the Monomachine is not well-suited for lush pads, since , as its name tells, it is a combination of Monophonic synths. The Origin is a true polyphonic synth.
Actually, one of the unique points (among other things) of the Origin is its ability to run up to 4 independent synths at the same time, each with its own dedicated stereo ouput, effect section (3 simultaneous effects per synth) and sequencer (3 simultaneous sub-sequences per synth). Each synth can be mono or polyphonic (total polyphony up to 32voices).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines