April 26, 2024, 10:38:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latency problems with MMV  (Read 2630 times)

midinewbie

Latency problems with MMV
« on: January 30, 2004, 06:13:25 am »
Hi,
I'm evaluating MMV and am experiencing unacceptable latency (200ms or so) between midi events and audio output.
I've had similar problems with Reason, but in Reason, I could adjust the amount of output buffering to the sound card until the latency was low enough (around 30ms).
I can't find any similar sort of settings in MMV aside from the "audio latency' slider in the Preferences.  I have tried setting it lower than 99ms (4ms) and still no luck.
My setup is as follows:
Fatar SL161 controller --> midisport 2x2 --> PC (windows 2000, 2.4GHz) --> soundblaster 128 PCI.
I'm going to try on my iBook and see if I have better luck.
If anyone can suggest a solution for windows, I'd be eternally thankful!  I can't google a solution on my own so far.

midinewbie

latency problems somewhat solved
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 06:25:19 am »
So, after a bit more reading, I came across a post where someone decresed the "latency" in preferences from 99 to 50.  I never really tried the in-between settings.  It seems to work much better now.
With the SB128, I can get away with a latency setting of about 35ms and it is much more playable, below 35ms the buffer is emptied faster than it is filled, which leads to a choppy sound.  Oddly, going all the way down to 4ms seems to produce the same results as the full 99ms setting.. kind of misleading.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines