April 20, 2024, 08:58:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: prophet V velocity  (Read 5668 times)

alain67

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
prophet V velocity
« on: July 23, 2009, 12:17:48 pm »
Hello , purchased the ProV emulation and im happy to say it recreates the Prophet 5
very well indeed, one question ,  in prophet 5 mode how do you apply velocity
on the volume vca (of course the original didnt have velocity as well)
 OR is velocity to
vca only possible in the hybrid were you can route it to osc1+2 vol and main output vca volume?

Another question is in hybrid when in the volume routing matrix the VS is disabled and only the 5 is routed the CPU load still shows the load of both synths , this should be rectified in an update i think or is there a way to get cpu load of the prophet 5 alone  while still having the options of the modulation matrix at hand?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:20:19 pm by alain67 »

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: prophet V velocity
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:45:41 pm »
Hello , purchased the ProV emulation and im happy to say it recreates the Prophet 5
very well indeed, one question ,  in prophet 5 mode how do you apply velocity
on the volume vca (of course the original didnt have velocity as well)
 OR is velocity to
vca only possible in the hybrid were you can route it to osc1+2 vol and main output vca volume?

It's not possible to use velocity on The ProphetV as it's a pretty faithful emulation of the original (except for the effects) and the original had no velocity sensitivity.

I don't think the VS IS disabled while in hybrid mode...hybrid mode is BOTH synths going at the same time  I didn't notice this but I'll check it...I just got it going yesterday. ;D  With V2 they DO however have to work on both loading time AND cpu usage as some of the pads using unison max out at 24% cpu on my system! :o
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

alain67

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: prophet V velocity
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:19:20 am »
yes of course i know the original didnt have keyboard velocity (i owned most of the sequential range) but the whole object of digital emulation is to overcome some of the
limitations of the original hardware because its very easy to implement these digitally, at least the option for velocity on the 5 emulation should be available without having to route in hybrid mode and without having to take  the cpuload of the VS (even when the vs is disabed in hybrid) just to have velocity on the prophet sounds,
 there actually were
hardware midiinterfaces for the hardware prophet5 that offered velocity via midi though the standard factory rev3.0 midi did not have velocity , not because sequential didnt want it
too implemented but they allready had squeezed every byte of available memory just to implement note on off , programchange and bend (even modulation was left out due to no more memory!)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:21:01 am by alain67 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines