March 19, 2024, 07:26:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: help needed with LFO midi sync/ or retriggering!!  (Read 10180 times)

Matt Preston

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
help needed with LFO midi sync/ or retriggering!!
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »
hi there

have just bought the v-collection and was loving until today, massive cpu usage aside..

the problem is this (i may be being stupid here, but anyway..):

i cannot for the life of me work out how to get the LFOs on the arp2600 (or Mg modular) to sync properly to midi, or even retrigger (non-synced) with every "note on" message

when i select "midi sync" and, say, pick a rate of twice a bar, the lfo always starts in a different place in it's cycle. it is pulsing at the same tempo as Logic, but starts in a random place in it's cycle each time - so, for example, if i am trying to use a square wave lfo to modulate the pitch up and down it sometimes starts on a high note, sometimes on a low note, and the subsequent modulations do not come at the start of the bar and then half way through, but instead are consistently offset by a random amount each time (depending on where in the lfos cycle it happened to start from). i am on Logic 8, under Leopard....although it does this under 7, in Tiger too.

ideally i would want the lfos to sync to tempo, and also retrigger with each new note, but at the moment i'd settle for any of the following:

the lfos to be unsynchronised with midi, but at least retriggering with each new note, or...

the lfos to start at the same point in their cycle each time i hit "play" in logic, even if they don't retrigger with "note on" messages.

i can't, for the life of me,  work out how to do this - do i need to somehow patch a gate or something into the lfo? or is al this just impossible with these synths? (i will be appalled if it is, as i specifically bought them to create rhythmically evolving parts). i know i might be able to do some of this with the sequencers, but this seems a compiicated way of doing it, and has some limitations

the cs80 works fine, and on the jupiter 8 the other lfos within "galaxy" retrigger and sync to midi, although i don't see the point in the "midi sync" option on the main LFO if it starts in a random place each time. the REAL issue is the Mg modular and the arp2600 - there MUST be some way of at least triggering the LFOs cycles from note messages surely...even if it's not synced to midi

any help greatly appreciated
 ???  ???  ???

Pieterjan van den berge

Re: help needed with LFO midi sync/ or retriggering!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »
same problem here is there a way to get the lfo in sync?

legreg6

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:57:21 am »
Simple answer : no.

avoyd

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 03:00:17 pm »
do you still need help? I think I figured it out.

Compare GTO candy to GTO syncro - in CANDY there is a patch from RESET to LFO - copy that

A

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines