March 28, 2024, 01:28:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi mode 4  (Read 6366 times)

BobTheDog

Midi mode 4
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:09:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

Does the Origin support Channel Group Midi Mode 4 for midi guitar, so basically 6 channels of midi each with independent pitch bend and CCs?

Cheers

Andy

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Midi mode 4
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
In Multi mode, the Origin supports 4 MIDI channels with independent controllers.

Sean

BobTheDog

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »
Hi Sean,

Ok for the Bass then :)

Have you any plans for adding more channels?

Cheers

Andy

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 08:16:03 pm »
I take that to be a No then!

BobTheDog

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:01:14 pm »
Hi Again Guys,

Ok I have had a play and want one.

If it will support 6 channel mono midi mode sometime in the future I will buy one today.

Any Info?

Cheers

Andy

tomeso

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:41:52 am »
The whole Multi-Mode is configured to be four parts only, so I do not see any change in this area, not soon and not in the near future.

Just my 2 cents

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

BobTheDog

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:51:06 pm »
Thanks for the info.

I don't want 6 different parts.

What I want is each part to support midi mode 4.

So basically a part will receive on 6 channels and have a single voice for each of those channels, so a part would be 6 note polyphonic.

Seems strange that Arturia actually have a Video advertising the Origin from a Midi Guitar players perspective and it doesn't actually support true midi guitar! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOgUvn3Cv4

emusician.com thought the same thing: http://emusician.com/elecinstruments/arturia-origin-review/index1.html

Cheers

Andy

Philippe

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:39 am »
What I want is each part to support midi mode 4.

So basically a part will receive on 6 channels and have a single voice for each of those channels, so a part would be 6 note polyphonic.

That's an interesting suggestion. If we decide to add this we would have to determine how it will be made available to a user, I mean a saved attribute of a program or as a non-saved state (so that you can use any preset in a standard midi mode or in the mode 4) or as an attribute saved somewhere else than in the program, and then where... Also what would happen if you load a program which is set to work in this midi mode 4 into a multi split for which there is already an assignment of a midi channel to each slot.
Origin Lead  Developer

BobTheDog

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 01:11:23 pm »
If you add it I will buy an Origin immediately!

I am already on the edge of getting one after having a play in a music shop, I was very impressed with the sound and am a sucker for the modularity of the thing.

Please :)

BobTheDog

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 09:29:10 am »
Hi Phil,

Well I got an Origin, have you had any more thoughts about supporting midi guitar.

If you need a tester I'm here ;)

Cheers

Andy

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 10:19:15 pm »
Another one for MIDI mode 4 here :)
It would absolutely rock to play the Origin with MIDI guitars!

...If we decide to add this we would have to determine how it will be made available to a user, I mean a saved attribute of a program or as a non-saved state (so that you can use any preset in a standard midi mode or in the mode 4) or as an attribute saved somewhere else than in the program, and then where... Also what would happen if you load a program which is set to work in this midi mode 4 into a multi split for which there is already an assignment of a midi channel to each slot.

Saving the mode selection in the program would be fine, like for mono/poly/unison. If you use it in a multi, you'd just have to set up the channels sensibly, like you have to do for a multi anyway. Then the channel selected in multi for a mode 4 program would be it's base channel. The ability to select the number of active channels might be handy, so that you can adapt it to bass or guitar (4 or 6 strings), or if you only want a few strings to play the Origin.

Edit: Perhaps a new setting in multi could be used to override the program mode (no-change/mono/poly/mode4)?

DJ
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:25:44 pm by DrJustice »

Antimon

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »
I agree that MIDI mode 4 for be a very cool thing indeed. I sense that midi generated from guitars is a bit on the rise. Being a new Origin owner I would love to be able to play it from my hex pickup-equipped guitar. :)

/Stefan

grebstad

• My music
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 01:20:57 pm »
This would be a very cool feature indeed. I just bought myself an Origin. Having the midi mode 4 supported would be a great bonus.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines