March 28, 2024, 01:29:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How use presets from Arturia's softsynths with Origin?  (Read 5486 times)

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
How use presets from Arturia's softsynths with Origin?
« on: June 15, 2009, 03:34:37 pm »
Hi Arturia, hi all !
Is there a way to have access to presets from Arturia's softsynth like Analog Factory etc... and being able to use them with the Origin ? It would be cool from Arturia to let Origin's owners to access to a wider presets library than the factory one and the only one available from JMB on the web site  ;D I like to start from existing stuff rather than starting from scratch because I am not a synthesis master and I like to be inspired by a sound and transform it better to my thoughts.
So what about the 3500 presets from Analog Factory ? Should I shut up, buy the soft and try to reproduce them or is there a more friendly way to please customers ?  :-*

Antoine

Re: How use presets from Arturia's softsynths with Origin?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 06:09:48 pm »
The Origin sound engine, even if based on Arturia proprietary TAE synthesis, is not compatible at all with the software synthesizers line! So there is absolutely no chance to port the 3500 presets from AF to Origin...
But what is possible is to share presets with other lucky users, on the Origin Presets Zone for instance.
Some new presets are being created these days, and shall be uploaded when newest firmware update is released (I heard it could take some more weeks, unfortunately, but this will definitely worth the waiting).
ex-Arturian

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:10 pm »
i will soon launch a 150 presets bank, it's ready at 95%  but i'm waiting for the next origin update to see if i can take advantage of some new features for those patches before launching them.

aymericf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Return To The Source
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:50:42 pm »
Many thanks for these quick answers. It's cool to know that an update will come and that sound designer guys will allow other people to wide their sound horizon. Moreover it is an invitation to start going deeper in the sound creation process  :D
About this process and in order to allow some fun in preset creation, an intelligent random function could be inserted at some point taking randomly for each logical structure of a preset the one from another preset loaded in the origin for exemple. I know that "Random" is the devil for many sound designers but for noobs like me it can help to take in a more fun way the patch creation learning curve. I hope that Arturia will allow Random to have a "not only arpeggiator" place in the Origin. :-*

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:14:35 am »
Origin Presets Zone fixed, you can now post and share your creations.  :)
ex-Arturian

Sweep

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:57:00 am »
Just some thoughts from someone who remembers the old days when synthesizers were first invented, hundreds of years ago....

In those days you had to set up every patch by hand, every time you wanted to use it. And if you had a patch from someone else it was on a sheet of paper and you had to set it up yourself before you could try it. Or sometimes it was on a photograph - people used to look at photographs in the music press using a microscope to find out what patches other musicians were using.  ;D

The modern way is elegant and simple and I wouldn't want to go back to the old way. In fact I find myself in agreement with Aymericf about using patches as a starting-point. I like to get ideas from other people's patches, then develop them into something new.

Although it isn't possible to transfer patches straight into the Origin, you do have the situation we used to have, where you have an instrument capable of handling the patches you'd like to use. Have a look at some Arturia patches and program them in by hand. If you don't have any other Arturia software, download the demo version, see how various patches were created and create Origin equivalents by simply selecting the equivalent modules. Then the fun really starts - try alternative modules and generally fiddle about. The Net's also full of patch charts for various classic synths you could explore.

It's not as quick and simple as just importing masses of patch banks, but it's still a lot easier than what people like me used to have to do in the early days, and it's a great learning process. You learn a lot about how patches are put together, and you familiarise yourself with your synth much more thoroughly.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines