April 19, 2024, 08:34:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: mmv sequencer external sync questions  (Read 3104 times)

atomicmoog

mmv sequencer external sync questions
« on: January 06, 2004, 03:24:30 pm »
hi
ok ... i`ll buy that thing ... but the years teached to test the electronic instruments if they really do what  one wants. so there is another question: as "external sync" does not seem to be eliminated in the test in standalone-mode (i`m using this NOT in vst mode!!!!) version, i`d try to sync the "analogue sequencer" from an external quasimidi device. synchronisation functions, `caus i could test that with my hd-recording software. but: mmv does not start ... or does anything (midi in is ok, `cause i can play via external keyboard).
what did i wrong? i`d connect the sequencer start button to "external sequencer" and switched "sync" to on (assuming that means "tempo sync").
 :roll:

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
mmv sequencer external sync questions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 08:34:35 pm »
I have had this problem for months...emailed Arturia and no reply( I would just like to know if it is a problem with MMV or XP etc or something I'm missing and I do appreciate you folks are busy,but this is a significant problem for many users)....no sync in stand alone mode using XP...sequencer set up for triggers etc...midi ports ok...maybe they should add a kick starter for it?What's going on ?....this is a very important function to use,especially if you want to slave it on another PC without going through the baggage of a host.This feature of syncing was one of the reasons I purchased MMV. :evil:

atomicmoog

external sync
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 11:26:31 am »
hei robert!

thats exactly the issue. i`ve multiple external units running which should be sync master or sync slave ... if that does not function, i`d rather invest my money in the s/m masterANDslave-business as in the Mg ... the arturia sounds good, but there are some things missing.....  :?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines