April 20, 2024, 02:53:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin freezing??  (Read 9569 times)

hblu2002

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin freezing??
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 12:33:49 pm »
Niccolo,

Thanks for your prompt reply! As I said in my
initial post I am thoroughly enjoying this synth
and just wanted to make sure that origin users would be able
to anticipate a stable os for longterm use. Your post
was helpful and reassuring!

Howie

synthguy99

Re: Origin freezing??
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:52:06 pm »
Well, I had an interesting experience last night.  The Origin had been crashing a lot, using my Roland Fantom X as a controller.  I turned it off and decided to play around a bit with my Korg Radias, controlled with the Fantom, since it has a nice big 76 note pressure sensitive keyboard.  And... darn if it didn't start acting up too.

I turned the Origin back on and decided to poke around in the options to see if something might be the culprit, and one thing which helped a lot, was to change Global Midi in the system settings.  I believe it was set to All when I looked at it.  Setting this to channel 1 made the Origin behave much better, and it only locked up once since then.

But this is perplexing.  I've read here a few posts of people having the Origin work better with different keyboards, such as Igor using his Prophet 08.  Is there an issue currently with certain synth workstations causing problems?  Electrical matters to consider?

Edit:  well, this is embarrassing.  I've been using a Midi splitter unit, connecting it to some older synth modules I have.  It occurred to me just now to run a cable straight from the Fantom to the Radias and Origin.  Flailing away like an idiot, everything plays flawlessly.

I bet my Origin hates me now...  :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:10:01 pm by synthguy99 »
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines