April 25, 2024, 11:31:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I'm Worried About My Dongle  (Read 2220 times)

jasperh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I'm Worried About My Dongle
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:36:13 pm »
Fair enough, most men are worried about their dongle, but to tell you the truth, I'm a wee bit concerned about it breaking. I have to move house and i worry that it could get snapped or something else could happen to it.

Arturia: what happens if my dongle breaks? I have the V Collection and love it to bits. Would I have to buy the Jupiter and Prophet again? In the recession, having lost my job, I couldn't afford that.

Anyway, sorry to be neurotic. I just thought I'd ask the question and see what the answer was. Would Arturia be beneficent enough to send a new dongle over if mine broke? Will they do what IK did and forgo the dongle?

Any else worried about their dongle?

Thanks

Jasper

Antoine

Re: I'm Worried About My Dongle
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:27:29 am »
Many people here or elsewhere may have lost or got robbed their dongle, and all of them have got their synths restored within a few days:
  • The first thing to do (if not already), suspending any other task, is to register your synths; this is the proof you legally own them.
  • The second thing to do, when you loose your dongle, is to get another one; they are sold in any decent music shop, sometimes as "Steinberg Keys"; Arturia, Steinberg, Korg, IK Multimedia... whatever the brand, provided it's a Syncrosoft USB-eLicenser dongle.
  • The third thing to do is to write us at the Technical Support desk, from your Arturia account, we will handle your request within 48 hours (at worst).
Hope this will calm a bit your anxiety.  ;)
ex-Arturian

jasperh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: I'm Worried About My Dongle
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:54:02 am »
My anxiety is calmed. I love my Arturia synths and would be upset without them (although I bet my neighbours and girlfriend would be a lot happier!) Recently I've been thinking that maybe it's just time to switch off the computer and buy Origin.

Now if only I was a tiny bit richer!

Thanks for the advice Antoine.

Jasper

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines