March 28, 2024, 01:01:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: One bank to rule them all  (Read 7180 times)

dnealelo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
One bank to rule them all
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
I'm running MMV mostly in Logic Pro 9 (OSX 10.6), but I also have installed the stand-alone version.  As a consequence, I have three different banks of MMV patches:  one native bank each in the stand-alone and the AU versions, and one in Logic.  I'd like to set it up so that all three access the same bank, or at least be able to easily synch them.  I know where OSX keeps the patches I've made in Logic, but I can't find the directory for the native MMV banks.  Based on what I've found in the forum and online, it seems unlikely that I'll be able to get the Logic and native MMV banks to talk, as the native banks seem to be a single file (?), rather than one file for each patch like in Logic.  I could do a clunky export->import to update the stand-alone and the AU versions, but it doesn't look like I can get both directories to point to the same file so as to keep them synched, and anyway I much prefer the Logic patch save interface over that native to the MMV. 

Anyone else dealing with this issue?  Any ideas for how to solve it?

dnealelo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: One bank to rule them all
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:32:51 pm »
In mucking around with this further (and updating to MMV 2.6.3), it appears that the stand-alone and the AU do pull from the same bank, so that problem is solved.  However, as I said above, I do prefer using the Logic patch save interface over the native MMV patch save.  Anyone have any ideas as to how to easily get the patches I have in Logic into the native bank other than pulling them up from the Logic bank and saving them one at a time to the native bank? 

guyri

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: One bank to rule them all
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:09:50 pm »
You have to do them the slow way - load them up and then save them in Logic. There is a project on the Logicprohelp.com where people have uploaded logic factory patches for various softs - all their own work. I don't know if anyone has done the Modular V - check it out:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15267

If you've done any stuff yourself you might like to upload them there.

I think I did one of the Korg Legacy synths - very laborious to do all the factory settings.

Guy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines