April 20, 2024, 12:59:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MINIMg 2.0 free upgrade for 1.6 owners  (Read 19261 times)

Rob Roff

Re: MINIMg 2.0 free upgrade for 1.6 owners
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 06:59:30 am »
Rob, did you click on the "rescan plug-ins" button in the Ableton OPTIONS/FILE FOLDER?

Yes I did, thanks.

edit: I had to trash the Live preferences for it to show up in ableton. And for Kore I had to delete the database files (rescan didn't do it). Ok good. I thought that was going to be like the ARP2600 were it just won't show up (in kore).

cheers
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:55:11 am by Rob Roff »

Sweep

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 09:48:53 am »
Thanks, Airspeed.  I'll follow your advice when I try the upgrade later today.

Frederic Brun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 10:16:51 am »
What happens if you bought your Arturia synths before they started to use dongles? Do you now need to buy a dongle before you can upgrade?

You won't have to buy a dongle. The fact that we are moving to the Syncrosoft system for all our products won't affect you financially:
- we will provide users from previous versions with a Soft eLicenser that will allow them to install the update on one computer.
- updates themselves are free.

Only if you wish to port your license on a Hardware eLicenser (allowing you to use the product on any computer), you will have to purchase a dongle (around 10Eur, I think).

Frederic Brun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 10:17:38 am »
The new V2 vocal patches are absolutely wicked. Great job Arturia!!! : )

Thank you. All your positive comments are good to read!

Frederic

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 02:09:11 pm »
Hi

Cool the GUI-Bug (see here) seems to be fixed now, thank you ;D

Can you also fix the same bug on Mg Modular V, ARP2600 V and CS-80V please!

Antoine

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »
Should be done in a few months. 2009 should be a fruitful year for updates...  :)
ex-Arturian

ark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 02:42:04 pm »
- we will provide users from previous versions with a Soft eLicenser that will allow them to install the update on one computer.

Only if you wish to port your license on a Hardware eLicenser (allowing you to use the product on any computer), you will have to purchase a dongle (around 10Eur, I think).
If this is true, it's a shame.  Because if I understand this claim correctly, if I ever wish to run MiniMg V on more than one computer, I need a special piece of hardware and I need to dedicate a USB port for the purpose.

I hae lots of other music software, and no one else imposes this requirement.  Not Finale, not Ableton, not Sonar, not any of the Applied Acoustics softsynths, not any of the Novation softsynths, and so on.

So if Arturia is imposing this requirement, it's back to 1.6 for me.  I don't have so many USB ports that I can afford to dedicate one of them to software that I use only once in a while.

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:14 pm »
Should be done in a few months. 2009 should be a fruitful year for updates...  :)
OK thanks!  :D

MBI

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 04:11:45 pm »
Quote from: ark
I don't have so many USB ports that I can afford to dedicate one of them to software that I use only once in a while.
It shouldn't be a problem, you can use one or more USB-Hubs if necessary but i would recommend to not use bus-powered hubs

ark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 04:16:48 pm »
Quote from: ark
I don't have so many USB ports that I can afford to dedicate one of them to software that I use only once in a while.
It shouldn't be a problem, you can use one or more USB-Hubs if necessary but i would recommend to not use bus-powered hubs
I was being partly facetious: The problem is not just the need for a dedicated USB hub.

Part of the problem is the need for an additional piece of hardware that Arturia will not sell me right now even if I wanted to buy one because they're out of stock.  Another part is the imposition of a requirement beyond those of all of the other software purveyors I use.  Yet another is, if I understand things correctly, the fact that if I wish to move the software to another machine and my Internet connection is broken, I'm out of luck.  Yet another is that there is a small piece of hardware that, if lost or broken, makes the product useless.

This is too much of a hassle to be worth the bother to me.  Unless I'm mistaken about the requirements, I'm sticking with 1.6.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines