March 29, 2024, 09:57:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: worst experience  (Read 4010 times)

electronic-boy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
worst experience
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:28:24 am »
I feel like i just got robbed.  Pro tools gives me an error that Jupiter 8 will be put in the unused folder because it does not have a license.  Syncrosoft is a big joke.  Switch to iLok, you will sell more software synths.  Don't know where this 32 digit license key is for the download center for syncrosoft, and of course their web site doesn't help much.

Dooley

Re: worst experience
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 07:11:19 am »
I've never had any problems with synchrosoft.

The registration code is probably already loaded in the synchrosoft dongle, if your synth came with the USB dongle included that is. 

Otherwise the license should be included somewhere in the package. Mine (CS-80V) was on a plastic card about the size of a credit card.

You might need to download and install the latest version of the synchrosoft software but other than that it should be straight forward.

electronic-boy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 07:25:00 am »
ok, after reading a bunch of posts, i think it is already downloaded and active.  now I get an error when pro tools starts that Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged.  Jupiter-8V.dpm

OpenMind

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 03:06:55 pm »
Try installing the latest Syncrosoft driver.
99% chance that your problem will be solved this way.

http://www.syncrosoft.com/Support-78-11.html
All Arturia synths , BRASS, Windows XP 32-bit & Windows 7 64-bit

electronic-boy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 07:41:35 pm »
that didn't work, I think it is a Pro Tools issue. There must be a file or something that needs to be put in a certain folder to find the license maybe.  I am posting on the digidesign forum to see if anyone knows.  I will post the answer when I have it, as well as a youtube video on what went wrong and how I fixed it.  I was surprised to find no youtube videos, so I will make one.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:30:55 pm »
be sure you have the 1.1.1 update for the jupiter 8v   AND the compatibility patch for protools and mac leopard

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines