March 28, 2024, 02:43:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 49/61 still having issues?  (Read 2446 times)

PeterNL070

Keylab 49/61 still having issues?
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:36 am »
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Keylab 49/61 but i was reading quite a few reviews about key related issues and some other issues i believe.
Are those solved now or are they still there?

Hope to see some response from (new) users.

Thanks in advance.

Brock42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 49/61 still having issues?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 12:27:07 pm »
I just purchased the 61 from Amazon.co.uk and all F# and C# keys are flawed. They have to be pressed down hard to give a signal, and this was out of the box.

G Bi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 04:30:55 pm »
I purchased Keylab 49 on 13/05/2016. I ve read so many reviews about the key quality but unfortunately ignored them. Middle Bb is allready not responding real time when pressed. It's true the key quality is pretty awfull, do consider checking one closely before you buy.

whc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 01:20:40 am »
Got my Keylab 49 the other day, and no issues with the keys, all work and feels pretty good. Only time will tell if they hold up.

Don't know if there is an updated version with better keys, the one I got came included with firmware 1.25, Apleton Live 9 Lite and UVI Grand Piano Model D, plus the Arturia software package.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:49:36 am by whc »

wwjd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 07:13:36 pm »
keylab 61 pitch bend spring failed out of the box.  working on replacement or repairs.  disappointing, but otherwise love the feel, look, use of the thing

johndough247

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 10:23:45 am »
Yup...received my Keylab 61 brand new today and the entire keybed wasn't working (everything else worked fine), spent several hours troubleshooting in OSX trying to get a note on/off message in any program (even reluctantly wiped my Logic Pro settings). After reading that one or two keyboards had their keybed's ribbon cable detached, I opened it up and sure enough, Ribbon cable barely attached...clipped it back on and voila! That was quite a hassle that I shouldn't have to go through (not to mention the 30+ screws that needed unfastening to get the bottom lid off at 2 in the morning).

Arturia, you seriously need to get your act together...I had this shipped to me in a 3rd world country, aside from additional custom import taxes, having to pay to return this was not an option. The ribbon connector for the keybed is not snug enough to maintain contact throughout shipping it seems. Please try to rectify this in the future.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines