April 20, 2024, 12:38:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New to making music... what sequencer should I use with the CS-80V?  (Read 2523 times)

Steveo

Hello all

I am fairly new to making electronic music, so please be gentle!

I've been playing with "Reason" for a while, but I'm not a huge fan of this software. Tonight I discovered the "CS-80V" and it has blown me away. These are exactly the kind of sounds I've been looking for!

Lets say I buy CS-80V and a midi keyboard, and I am able to play a few tunes I like... what sofware/sequencer do you recommend I buy to allow me to save my tunes and add some drum beats to them?

I want to make music in a similar style to Orbital if that makes any difference.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Dooley

Re: New to making music... what sequencer should I use with the CS-80V?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:39:04 am »
How much do you want to spend?

Reaper is pretty solid. The personal license costs $50. A cool feature it has is that you can assign an LFO or audio signal to modulate every automatable parameter of the synth. Pretty handy if your midi controller doesn't have many knobs and sliders to assign to the soft synth's controls.

Zynewave Podium now sells for $50. Very cool software as well. Then you have the more popular (and more expensive) software like Sonar, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase. They are more expensive but they also include more extras like effects, synths, etc.

You can download demos of most of them (not sure about Cubase) and try them out. I think Cubase requires the use of a Steingerg key (usb dongle). This dongle is made by synchrosoft so you can also use it with certain Arturia synths (Prophet V for example) and Rob Papen synths that require a usb dongle.  The CS-80V doesn't require the use of a dongle by the way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines