March 28, 2024, 04:19:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ...ANYONE? or Antoine, u have a solution to this? Analog Factory makes GB lag  (Read 1928 times)

UDB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've installed AF on my iMAC5 runnning Garageband ´08.  fex when recording and clicking the "stop" button that action is sometimes delayed up to 5 minutes. ie it takes minutes for the stop to actually take place. When I record just using standard sounds/instruments or other modules, it does not lag. This only happens when I'm using AF for sounds (ie it has started up and synchroized)

Anyone know why and how to solve this? ... Antoine?
(thanks for the previous re-installation help!)

U can imagine how this really puts a damper on recordning I'm sure... :'(

I run AF 2.2

//DM
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:01:58 pm by UDB »

THEHOPEDEALER

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF is a truly massive program on CPU usage because of the depth, detail, and quality of sounds from a total of 5 internal synth engines. When the minimum cpu usage or demand says 512 MB, that just means to intitialize program. You need 2 gigs to even roll in moderate polyphony. That and your card(even if ASIO) could be just a wheelie bar. GB is decent, but not the best for VSTi . Really good, yet you'd do best with a low graphic, engine full of variables to tweak for optimum performance.   Also, if you are working rewire aps, you can kiss responses into delay.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines