March 19, 2024, 07:48:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU Drain  (Read 7230 times)

DaveR

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU Drain
« on: June 07, 2007, 12:23:33 pm »
I've found that when I use the Jupiter 8V in my cubase it seems to drain the cpu I can run upto five in line if I put on a sixth the cpu over loads, the j8v is set up the same as my other synth but it drains the cpu 50% more than these has anyone else noticed this? Have I done something wrong?

Feedback

CPU Drain
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 07:34:02 pm »
I have the same problem exactly.
Jupiter-8V uses 50% of the resources of the CPU, when I only use it in Cubase SL3.
It is a pity because it has very good sounds.
However I cannot use it with other instruments, because it uses too much
of resources CPU.

I hope that Arturia will optimize its software.
I use version 1.0.3.

My configuration:
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 (1,7 GHz)
RAM: 1,5 MB
Sound Card: EMU 1616m

vcoco44

CPU DRAIN
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:05:33 am »
Unfortunately, these arturia programs are Hogs !!! They do sound great and there analog interface's are suburb but there gui puts a strain on "the old resources" (most of these sample based programs do.) I would try to optimize through your sequencer ,as with logic you can freeze tracks and play them off your desktop thus limiting use of the processor, load your pc to the gills with ram and finally most system requirements seem a bit conservative to what you actually need. More is better

rosko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU DRAIN
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:14:20 pm »
Quote from: "vcoco44"
Unfortunately, these arturia programs are Hogs !!! They do sound great and there analog interface's are suburb but there gui puts a strain on "the old resources" (most of these sample based programs do.) I would try to optimize through your sequencer ,as with logic you can freeze tracks and play them off your desktop thus limiting use of the processor, load your pc to the gills with ram and finally most system requirements seem a bit conservative to what you actually need. More is better

I can run pro v just fine which has the same spec requirements, jp8 seems to use x10 as much power. I can run 1 jp8 with no more than 4unison as long as i'm only hitting one key at a time. Either the specs are way off PC/Windows : 512 MB RAM; 1.5 GHz CPU
or there is some kind of bug.
This is just the demo but it seems the full product isn't any less of a hog.
its a shame because i really want to buy this.

I'm running xp3200 2gbram emu 1820m winxp sp2

cane creek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.canecreek.co.uk/
Re: CPU DRAIN
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:02:36 am »
Quote from: "vcoco44"
Unfortunately, these arturia programs are Hogs !!! They do sound great and there analog interface's are suburb but there gui puts a strain on "the old resources"

what a load of nonsence , the GUI does not put any strain on resources ... its a PC/MAC your using not a vic 20 , its the sound thats hogging resources not the graphics.

jasperh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU Drain
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:16:15 pm »
Turn off the distortion or put it on low CPU mod. It makes everything sound really good, but it takes up loads of CPU. Just like the old Soft Clip on MiniMg.

Still, it's worth the CPU hit I reckon because it sounds so good.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines