April 26, 2024, 10:03:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't run 1.2 update for MMV on WinXP  (Read 11729 times)

jackn2mpu

Can't run 1.2 update for MMV on WinXP
« on: December 22, 2003, 12:39:58 am »
Help: I've downloaded twice the update for the Mg Modular v; once using Netscape as my bropwser, and once using Internet Explorer as my browser. Each time I go to run the update, an error message comes up saying "mmvupdate12_pc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And then it offers to send an error report to Microsoft. System specs are: Pentium 4 2.53 GHz, 1 gig ram, Echo Indigo I/O as sound card, Windows XP Home with all available updates (service pack 1, etc.). Does anyone have any ideas I can try? Thanks.

JoeFranko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Having the same problem!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:31:54 pm »
I'm having the same problem on a Dell notebook, 1.6 GHx, Pentium4 running Windows Professional X. Does anyone know why? I'm trying to update 1.1.
KG6RUS

Viny

I've the same problem ...
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 01:43:56 am »
I have exaxtly the same problem and get the same error message.

My PC is a P4 2,67 Ghz, 768 Ram, Avance AC'97 Audio, Windows XP Home with all updates...

I use the Arturia MMV standalone version 1.0

Viny

Viny

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 01:44:39 am »

My PC is a P4 2,67 Ghz, 768 Ram, Avance AC'97 Audio, Windows XP Home with all updates...

Viny

Viny

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 01:51:56 am »

Viny

viny

omg... sorry for sending that 3 times
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 01:53:46 am »
i got every time an error msg - so i retried some times ... please delete the doublettes ...
viny

jackn2mpu

Embarassing isn't it?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 04:59:43 pm »
Here it is almost 3 days later from when I posted my original message and no reply from anyone at Arturia. Almost as embarassing as trying to log in to this forum with a valid email address and password and getting rejected (I am a registered user of MMV). I can log in and download the new libraries,  but getting here, that's another matter. Oh well.
I have not even heard from Arturia Customer Service in regards to a message I sent them asking for help on this matter.
Although I wonder if we should even worry about the 1.2 patch, seeing the problems other people have had with it, although a lot of those are Mac users. Just wish us PC users would get treated to the help we deserve.
It's a nice program and all, but if this is the level of customer service one can expect, maybe I should seriously think about deleting the program and seeing if I can get  my money back from Guitar Center. Going to be doing that with Native Instruments Reaktor4 - absolutely no customer support there at all.

JoeFranko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New Update
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 05:56:34 pm »
Well, I just downloaded the new update and everything works fine! Thank you Arturia for a fine job. I do wish, though, that you would number the updates differently. It helps to remember which update has been done on my system when they're numbered 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, etc. Especially when I'm busy and only have a chance to update over vacations! Which reminds me, happy holidays to you all!
KG6RUS

Anonymous

Re: New Update
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 06:51:14 pm »
Quote from: "JoeFranko"
Well, I just downloaded the new update and everything works fine! Thank you Arturia for a fine job. I do wish, though, that you would number the updates differently. It helps to remember which update has been done on my system when they're numbered 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, etc. Especially when I'm busy and only have a chance to update over vacations! Which reminds me, happy holidays to you all!

Joe:
  Glad it worked out alright for you. I gather you didn't get the error message that you and I had gotten easrlier? Is that right? I can't download it at the moment, as I'm at work. At least it'll give me something to try tonight. Leave it to a fellow ham to get it to work.  If you could drop me an email at N2MPUJack@netscape.net it would be appreciated. I might have some questions I don't want to ask here and waste the bandwidth.
Happy Holidays, and make merry music!

jackn2mpu

new update
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 06:55:19 pm »
Sorry about this, but I forgot to put my username in when I posted my reply to Joe. I try and try to log in, but keep getting rejected. Oh well.
de Jack N2MPU FN20

Viny

Re: Embarassing isn't it?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 06:22:30 pm »
Quote from: "jackn2mpu"
Here it is almost 3 days later from when I posted my original message and no reply from anyone at Arturia. Almost as embarassing as trying to log in to this forum with a valid email address and password and getting rejected (I am a registered user of MMV). I can log in and download the new libraries,  but getting here, that's another matter. Oh well.

-> same as me. cannot log in here as a registered MMV-user :-(
Viny

Viny

Re: Embarassing isn't it?
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 06:24:26 pm »
Quote from: "jackn2mpu"

-> same as me. cannot log in here as a registered MMV-user :-(
Viny

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 08:46:38 pm »
what's this duplicates ?

Richard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice