March 29, 2024, 10:11:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: If you are going to add some midi out , please add the joystic and the 8 encoder  (Read 4259 times)

MindPoP_

Please add midi output for the joystick, and the 8 encoders at least , that would help alot for midi recording of different modulations in real time..
Thank you

Philippe

One feature we want to add to Origin is the possibility for the user to associate a MIDI message to hardware controls, included of course the screen encoders and the joystick. I cannot tell yo yet when this is done.
Origin Lead  Developer

MindPoP_

Thanks. I cant wait...

Gith

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am considering buying the Origin rather than a modular synth so I could easily use it live, recall patches etc...  This lack of Midi control is worrying however and has stopped my initial exitement in its tracks - most modern analog synths (Voyager/Prophet 08) have full midi control and even Midi/CV converters for modular synths offer 5 or 6 midi controllable options...  I see full midi implementation as just as important as further templates as it vastly increases the functionality of the Origin..  Is this a promised feature that will be implemented in future updates or just an 'nice idea' at the moment?  Obviously the midi control would have to be connected to a sepcific parameter, not just the hardware control as some knobs have multiple functions (like the filter or envelope sections)... thanks

Gith

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines