April 25, 2024, 11:45:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: And In under 8 hours of play my unit is dead...I waited 2 years for this. Ouch  (Read 4481 times)

MindPoP_

I Love this synth and have a new one on the way, but I cant belive it died in 8 hours. I used this unit last night 5 hours and today less than 3 and the screen now is all dark and flashing. I have it placed on a table with lots of open air. I am a equipment fanatic and take mega care of all my gear. I dont allow drinks in my studio, or klutzy people. I have had some of my gear 20+ years. I have a pc running two scope cards, and it has been working since 1996.. My gear does not gig, and sits in the studio off untill I use it and I leave it all on till Im done{2 to 12 hours at a clip} I have 4 units with mini displays and 2 with 15 inch touch screens, and none have ever failed. This screen is not even touch{which it should be in the year 2008}. The unit does not run hot and as I have said it sat in 1 spot. I live in Las Vegas so it has no weather to bother it{85 degrees no wind rain or humidity}. I cant Imagine After delaying this unit so long that they could send me a broken unit, that is my only issue. I am not angry and understand s happens, and I should have a brand new unit tomorrow, but I cant help but feel this unit is probably broken too, and the whole batch they shiped is all fedup. It is a bitching unit that is hella cool, but they did also muff up the software.This unit was not ready too ship in my oppinion, and they sorta made it like they make software, undone, which doesnt cut it in the hardware world..But remember I reorderd a new one today, I have spent $2,600.00 and expect it to work. I was hopeing to own it at least a decade. I collect synths and basses, and hope too own all my gear forever. I have never returned gear because I regreted my buy, and I buy alot, and I knew this synth would rule with out hearing or seeing it, put money down at the beging of 07, and even though I feel upset I still want this synth. I am not a hater and dont feel any anger towards Arturia, I either get a working synth or my money back so I am not out much, but they did kinda ruin my proverbial Christmas Yea feeling. I would hope that some one in their company can empathise and know how they would feel in my shoes. So guys if this next unit breaks I will xpect you to make me a new one and please make sure it works before you ship it, and also please please please improve the software you are a software company and realy droped the ball on this. It should have come with a whole suite of software to intergrate into our Daws just like your plugins.. I own 3 of your synths all rule, how could you make the origin with out accompaning software to run on your host pc, to edit ,maby vst intergration, maybe the abilty to combine with your older synth plugs. You guys are software pros, and in this case it would seem you know nothing about PC's. But I still like your gear and I am still a customer, and as a company I should count a little because you are kinda targeting me and people like me to buy your stuff. I didnt demand you get into the buisness , you were there and came to me and said look at this bitchin cool synth buy me, and I did. I only wanted to buy what you were offering, and will do so in the future too, but please lets get this s together .     Thanks ???

CosmicDust

This is not the kind of news I was expecting to see about the Origin, I'm recieving mine tomarrow.  :-\

CosmicDust

MindPoP_

It is a radical synth, minus my broken screen..I hope this isnt a problem with their units in general. Youll be happy with it, but like I said zero pc integration..And it is the newest synth out..It also seems to be missing some things from the book, and has a few options in the sys menue not mentioned in the book.. I will have my new unit by 3 pm tomorrow.
Good luck with yours, post here and tell me what you think. Ill put a full review up soon.

Frederic Brun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
Dear MindPoP,

I understand your concerns with this situation. Purchasing a new piece of gear for a good amount of money and seeing it unfunctional after a few hours is one of the worst experience you can imagine.

Now what I can say is:

- We will take responsibility and make sure you have a working unit in hands as soon as possilbe.

- We see the cause for the problem you have. On a production sub-batch, the fixation of a component (which is called an inverter and located by the screen), was not done correctly. For some reason, the screen was fully working in the factory and went through Quality Control. But after transportation, on some units, the screen did not work any more. Of course, we stopped shipping units in this sub-batch and we are tracking units with this potential problem. We are also strenghtening controls within the factory so it does not happen again.

- There should be no problem with the Las Vegas heat. Tigersharcs can get extremely warm and for this reason we have put both high quality radiators and a high quality fan in the machine. We also ran a lot of thermic tests. Even if open air is good, we don't see the heat being a problem.

- If you want to contact us, the easiest way is really to fill a Technical Support Request Form. We will answer in a timely manner. 

- We have many units on the market by now and only a few have problems. We have very good reviews coming and the machine was considered stable by reviewers. But there are a few units with issues still and I apologize to you, early adopters, who may deal with them. At that point, we have made the decision to stop shipping until the 2 or 3 problems that were reported are all adressed.

Thank you for your patience and kindness.

Frederic Brun
President, ARTURIA

MindPoP_

Am I to assume that all units shiped to Sweetwater in America are broken. They just sent me a new one.And it must have come from the bad batch. Contact me and you can then ship me a new one as to the new one I just got might brake too along with there whole batch..

CosmicDust

Hmmm, I'm still waiting for the delivery and it's coming from Sweetwater.
I guess I'll wait and see?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines