April 25, 2024, 01:54:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: This thing Rules!!  (Read 3323 times)

MindPoP_

This thing Rules!!
« on: October 30, 2008, 03:41:22 am »
I got it this morning. And I have just started kicking it around. I have all the out puts hooked up  aux midi and usb.I am running the 8 aux threw a scope card then to my motu and the stereo to a line6 m13.This unit is to much fun. I have been programing it a little to learn about what it can do, and it is so intuitive and just downright perfect sounding. the manual is a little wack, real big but the info is hard to get at, and I dont belive this unit does all it is suppose to yet, im not shure. I still cant get it to output mid , but I can controll it just fine, and I plan to use it in a studio setup slaved to cubase. It would still be nice to use its controls to record the midi rather than a seperate controller.
I own 7 rad key boards, Andromeda, Neko, Miko{running arturia plugs}access virus, Korg m3, korg ms2000,elevata, and so many plugs, and this unit sounds diffferent then them all. Well worth the adition to my setup.The multi is simple to use and better than the korg m3, which is sht in the multi area, no programing within multi, on the origin you have full controll of every pre in the multi..I give this unit an 8 out of 10 due to some issues and the software for it lacks big time..My Virus software ang korg soft ware blow arturias away. I hope they make controllersoftware that allows indepth computer editing..Lets hope. Well thx arturia I waited 2 years and you made me realy happy..Great synth

mikehuckaby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: This thing Rules!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 07:53:39 am »
whats so whack about the manual?

the Mg modular v's manual was crazy !

information all over the place.  i hope its better than that.

mike

MindPoP_

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 09:23:04 am »
Youll see when you get it. It is just layed out a little weird, and some topics are hiden in others and some are glossed over. In some instances I want more info and it is just not there. It is easy enough just to go thru all the pages on the orgin and see what they all do. Have fun I am.

mikehuckaby

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »
im checking out the pdf of the manual on line now.  thank god they have that up there for the public.

how are the presets?

do they have a good amount of bread and butter presets like piano. organ, and leads?

mike

hey mindpop, can i come over ?

he he

:)

mike

MindPoP_

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 02:08:17 am »
I live in vegas.  What kind of music do you make. I use to be rock on one end and electronica on the other and kept them seperate I now do Rocktronica...
The presets rule, some you may have heard on plugins of theirs, all in all a bitchen piec of gear.It is so simple to take on of the presets go into edit and not just tweak it like most syths but add and subtract modules. This thing is alot of fun too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines