April 18, 2024, 03:50:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I need help Is this unit supose to transmit Midi??Please anyone at arturia help  (Read 3162 times)

MindPoP_

I have a room full of synths and computers . I am realy good with all gear.I understand what I am doing. Alas I have Probs. I can control the origin thru mid either thru Cubase, or stand alone. I can triger cut off and other parameters with my neko and other controlers or just drawing it in cubase so i can triger in , but I can not get the origin to send midi out thru Midi pin or usb out. It seems that no knobs send midi data. Is this correct or is my unit bad. Please contact me so I can return my unit for a new one. Also I cannot figure out how to dump my programs into the software. It recognises my Origin I can add User programs, It just wont list the factory programs. It is not clear how to in the manual, and when I start the software or update refresh it only lists my user programs..I know its hooked up as to other programs recognise the midi drivers, and i can do limited editing .. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:05:43 am by MindPoP_ »

Philippe

Currently, Origin can send only MIDI clocks when it is set as the master. You can also configure the MIDI routing between MIDI IN/OUT and USB in the HOME / SYSTEM / MIDI page.

We are currently working on an extension that would enable the machine to send MIDI messages when some actions are made on the hardware controllers (that is using Origin as a MIDI controller). This feature will be available as part of a future firmware upgrade.

For now, the software application is merely no more than a preset manager and a firmware upgrader manager. Factory presets cannot be modified on the machine and there's no software editing functions (not yet) that's why you don't see the factory presets. Editing USER presets from the computer is a feature that we are considering to add.
Origin Lead  Developer

MindPoP_

Thnx , I appreciate the reply. I love this little synth.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines