April 20, 2024, 12:05:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection Forum ?  (Read 2754 times)

joeldadrummer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V Collection Forum ?
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:13 pm »
I know there is a forum section for each individiual arturia product, but would it be possible (or of interest to anyone else) to have a forum section for the V Collection?
I guess I am not sure where to post topics about my V collection, or if my issues are specific to each instrument, or related to the V Collection as a whole. I imagine it's a bit different running only one synth running at a time, as opposed to when I and am trying to run 2 or 3 different V Collection Synths

It's really an amazing collection of Soft Synths, and pretty cool as I'll never get to own any of the real versions. Yet it is all a bit 'buggy' in my opinion, so it would be nice to present some of those issues up for Arturia to work on for future updates.

So...would it be better for me to post each individual problem in each instrument section, or can I post all thoughts in one place?

for example...i

My PT transport won't respond to keyboard commands when the jupiter is running.
one of the synths (can't member which one) always breaks apart into little pieces and won't refresh itself.
I can't open finale 2007 now without having to plug in my USB dongle, which is very annoying when traveling with my laptop. (can anybody help with this?)
and...as a whole it would be great to have a  bit more uniformity of basic presets and other non-specific parameter settings. It's great that all the synths have been designed to look like the Originals, but It gets a bit confusing when running between all the synths that some non-instrument parts are very different. 
many other things I'd like to report on, but not sure where!

thanks,

joel

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
Re: V Collection Forum ?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:03:36 pm »
I can't open finale 2007 now without having to plug in my USB dongle, which is very annoying when traveling with my laptop. (can anybody help with this?)

Have to admit that these dongle USB's are a pain in the butt. I've got three now with the Korg legacy soft sythns so it limits ports for other functions. I wish they would go down the ableton route and use the internet challenge software which is far more secure.

I feel that paying customers (£300 is a lot for software) get a slightly bum deal having to use these USB's whereas the pirated software which apparently can easily by-pass the USB function get free software without the dongle limitation

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines