March 19, 2024, 11:50:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I save my presets into the various instrument buttons  (Read 4571 times)

keysndrums

How do I save my presets into the various instrument buttons
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:17:29 am »
I've been using the CS-80V for quite some time, but I've never been able to figure out how to save the presets.  Specifically, I would like to program a sound on the panel, save that into one of the 'instrument' presets (say "Strings1") and save that such that I can press "Strings1" and get my sound.  Selecting an instrument sound puts it on the panel, but changing anything selects the "Panel" button.

Saving presets should be easy, but it is unbelievably opaque and the manual is all but silent.

Help anyone?

slammah2012

Re: How do I save my presets into the various instrument buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:03:36 am »
You dont.....

The Yamaha CS80 had the same fixed Presets and 2 buttons to 2 memory panels memories and 1 main panel per bank....

The 2 memory buttons are not on the CS80V.... just panel......
and here is the kicker.... when you store a user preset, you store everything, including both preset banks and all performance sections which is why you cant seamlessly patch change without the silence....

stephenphillips

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How do I save my presets into the various instrument buttons
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 05:42:28 am »
Hi,

This very closely relates to my previous post.  I do understand how the CS-80V presets are stored, and the fact that they recall all panel data, not just the synth parameters. 

What I was imagining is an alternate way of using the preset buttons which would allow the storage and recall of single synth-line patch information (just like the hard-wired non-defeatable patch buttons of the current instrument and the real CS-80 and the programmable tone cartridges of the GX-1).

I hoped that an implementation of this kind of facility would enable very convenient access to user patches and also make them easily MIDI accessible.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines