March 28, 2024, 12:43:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone gotten an Edirol PCR-30 to learn w/ the Modular?  (Read 3930 times)

Anonymous

Anyone gotten an Edirol PCR-30 to learn w/ the Modular?
« on: December 10, 2003, 08:02:26 pm »
I can get the modular to accept the PCR-30's assignments when I send them (learning).  But when I try to control the parameters of the modular using the knobs and sliders on the PCR that I, seemingly correctly, assigned them to - nothing happens.  I can play sounds with the keybed and send learn messages.  I just can't control the modular's fancy knobs with my controller.  Has anyone gotten the modular and a PCR-30 to happily coexist?  This is frustrating.  All advice is greatly appreciated.

jason

shermanfunk

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 11:11:10 pm »
Exact same thing with me. I've got a PC-30, which will trigger notes just fine, (after getting the 1.2 update), but will not learn the knobs at all.

hopefully this problem gets addressed soon.

sherman

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 10:12:17 am »
Hi,

It is very strange, but are you sure that you Midi Controller is in a standard Midi Mode : If not , maybe a specific exented mode to avoid 8 bits limitation, this can explain why the "learning" is correct, but not value setting.

If this is the case, it can be a future added of our midi management.

Best regards
Xavier

Anonymous

I figured out the problem
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 10:39:15 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  But it didn't work.  So I uninstalled Version 1.2.2 and installed version 1.1 and everything works as it should, quite easily in fact.  The problem is therefore the 1.2.2 update which really stinks since I would really like to make use of its new features (no constant cd authorizing,new preset scrolling etc.)  Any idea what might be going on?  Neither The Edirol PCR-30, Midiman Oxygen 8 or the Novation Remote 25 worked as anything other than keyboard controllers for V1.2.2.  Surely this problem would have been mentioned by more people if it were common.  I'm running a dual gig G4 with a gig of Ram on OSX 10.2.8.  When installing 1.2.2, I deleted 1.1, then reinstalled 1.0, then installed the update 1.2.2.  Did I do something wrong?  Again all thoughts appreciated.

jason
petosa music

shermanfunk

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 05:56:45 pm »
Thanks Jason for getting that issue addressed. Here's another possible bug I came across while playing with the PC-30 and MM V. When the Mg Modular is opened in Digital Performer 4.1 as an Audio Unit, and you attempt to learn a knob with the PC-30, it crashes Mg Modular V.
I then was unable to re-open Mg Modular at all, even as a stand alone program. Kept getting the same error message: The application Mg Modular has unexpectidly quit. Had to trash MM V and try to re-install, except I accidentally trashed the 1.2.2 update with it. I'm just now re-downloading update today (Mon. Dec. 22), we'll see what happens tonight.

I'll put this bug as a new thread in MM V Technical forum.

Sherman

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines