March 19, 2024, 05:14:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Promotion "buy 1 get 1 free"  (Read 15253 times)

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Promotion "buy 1 get 1 free"
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:35:36 am »
Hello.
I appreciate the promotion "buy 1 get 1 free".

However promo products weren't available instantly when the promo was introduced. So I lost a bit interest asking around with distributors and dealers...

Finally I remebered and just ordered MMV2 last minute (means yesterday)... and getting nervous...

Is it true that the promotional download on this site will be really instantly closed on 1.9.2008 and all voucers will be worthless? Taking into account the inital delay of the promo this would be a bit unfair, wouln't it?
Best regards, TiUser

Antoine

Re: Promotion "buy 1 get 1 free"
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:39:38 pm »
If you purchased your synthesizer with the voucher on the box, of course you'll get the the promotional offer!

Is it true that the promotional download on this site will be really instantly closed on 1.9.2008 and all voucers will be worthless?
Who said that? Give me some names!  ???

ex-Arturian

oli

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:48:38 am »
Hi all from Arturia,

I recently bought the Prophet, and I'm quite happy with it. But what is really annoying is that the downloading server is not working and I got no answer from the support team. First I opened a ticket, got no response, then I wrote an email. After several days I received the answer that the server should work now, but it wasn't working. So I wrote another email (because the ticketing system didn't work either), and until now I didn't get an answer!
So, please guys: At least write somewhere on the website what the current state of the server is! And say at least something like: okay we have problems but we expect to solve it until then and then! But at least give some sort of feedback!
Thanks in advance!

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:51:18 pm »
Hi.
Thanks Antoine for your response.

Well, the message on the promo page sounds a bit like it might be closed on the scheduled date... sorry for being too sceptical... it's my fault being so late and falling in panic...  ::)

In the meantime I got my MMV2 package but could not download the promo so far.  ???

I always get the message "code invalid or already used" on the promo page, but this is impossible, I've got a perfectly sealed package and peeled off the untouched seal from the voucher myelf.

The error message was shocking, did someone else guess my code and download the free promo? Or what else does "code invalid" mean? I tried several times, checking each character over and over again... and thought am I nuts?

Looking at the least post I guess I'm yet another victim of an unresponsive server, am I?...

A more comprehensive error message like "server is down, please try again later" would have been much more relaxing...

Ok, I stay tuned and try again...

Thanks, TiUser
Best regards, TiUser

that 70s proghead

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:13:37 pm »
But what is really annoying is that the downloading server is not working ...
I am glad to find out I am not the only one having this trouble. I imagine many of us are sending e mails to Arturia and that may be why we've gotten no replies to the e mails.

As long as Arturia is aware of the problem and will not cut off access to downloading free products on Sept 1st, I can be patient and wait. I did complete my purchase, received my purchased CS-80V, and e mailed in the scanned receipt a few days before the deadline. But the download server has not been working since then.

I can wait until these technical troubles are resolved, as long as I do get my free product when the trouble is resolved.

BTW, I was very pleased that installing the CS-80V (my first Arturia product) was very quick and easy. I was finished, and auditioning sounds in just a few minutes!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:15:22 pm by that 70s proghead »

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:18:13 am »
Hi everyone,

Just a few words to explain: we have more than 200 requests from the "B1G1F" promotional offer to satisfy, the queue is being manually processed everyday and should take a few more days before emptied.

Of course the offer is being honored for each of you, don't scare too much if you don't receive your code in hours. 
ex-Arturian

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:19:28 pm »
Hi Antoine.
Thanks for this official message. I feel better that you care an do your best and confirm that I'll get my promo anytime. I was about to mail to my distributor asking for assumed duration of processing the non working voucher...

I can imagine that this is a mess for you all at A. producing a lot of unintended work.

Can you possibly explain the problem behind that issue? Were codes Hijacked?? The latter idea still scares me...  ???
Best regards, TiUser

Antoine

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 05:32:49 pm »
I can imagine that this is a mess for you all at A. producing a lot of unintended work.
Sure  :'(

Can you possibly explain the problem behind that issue? Were codes Hijacked?? The latter idea still scares me...  ???
Well, we've had successive crashes on the server which handled the database and mail queuing, at the same time the FTP server had some glitches too. Well, our webmaster has had a busy summer... Fortunately all data could be retrieved, but now we have dozens of requests to manually process. No code hijack, be reassured!

As most of you dear addicts may have noticed, this is not the first severe network failure at Arturia this year; big works are being started in the following weeks, you should see improvements as one goes along.

@TiUser: check your mailbox...  ;)
ex-Arturian

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:17 pm »
Hi Antoine.
Thanks for confirming that my promo code has not being (ab)used yet. That's good news and makes me feel a lot better.

The bad news is I still get just an error message when entering the code on the promo page...

Is anything techy I have to consider? I have cookies and javascript active. I tried with firefox and internet explorer, always same result.  ???

I start on doubting about my conscience...  :o
Best regards, TiUser

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:58:46 pm »
Hi Antoine and others,
I have to apology for a stupid mishap... in the meantime I could download the license for my free product onto the dongle...

During the peel off process on the voucer there remained a little invisible fragment on one letter that looked like an "I" and not like a "1"... (can hardly see this here in this mail as well...)  my distributor had that idea when examining the code... after carefully rubbing a bit again I could confirm his suspicion. Then all worked fine...  ;D

Geez, these numbers are far too long and too small imprinted, at first I used a magnifing glass to make sure some of the letters...

Now I'll see if that dongle stuff works on my notebook too, without any internet connect... but I guess it does.

Sorry Antione, hope this post gives you your "good vibrations" back, at least for today...  ;D  I had to post this to make you feel better...
Best regards, TiUser

blancodisco

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 11:46:13 pm »
Hi Antoine,

Are you still working through the emails to send out product code emails to users?

I received my CS-80V box with voucher last week and emailed the receipt.

I've also registered the product online too.

Just anxious to download a Jupiter 8V!!!!

cheers.
benny blanco®

Tonio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Arturia Export Manager
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 10:32:43 am »
Hi Benny,

I am another Antoine, from sales dept., and I am the one processing your requests manually.
On sales related problems, please don't threaten the physical integrity of my namesake colleague Antoine, as I am the only responsible for the huge delay you experienced.

I apologize to those of you who didn't get their code straight away and I do my best to catch up.

Cheers,
Antoine (the good looking one ;D)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines